Kitchen Makeover with Butcherblock Countertops

repurpose 16 hours ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
My husband and I recently just finished a major project in our kitchen that included new butcherblock countertops, new backsplash, new sink and new faucet. Be sure to check out the post to see the before pictures!

• Here are a few detail shots of the counters, sink and backsplash
  • This is the sink and bar area.
  • This is the after picture!
  • Here's a before picture of how the kitchen looked when we moved in a year ago. Pretty big difference!

To see more:

• Connie
    Connie East Aurora, NY
    I am remodeling a 100 yo craftsman bungalow and have been looking for butcher block counters. Where did you find them? Are they special order? Did you make yourself?
  • Carol Tomlin
    Carol Tomlin Spencer, MA
    I absolutely love this ! It's everything I'd like to do in my kitchen right now. I 've been wanting to paint my cabinets cream. I wish it was done already!
  • Lizzy Bean
    Lizzy Bean Rehoboth Beach, DE
    great job. I love butcher block counter tops. Your kitchen looks very pretty
  • Marion Eaton
    Marion Eaton Eatonville, WA
    Love this and wonder about the durability . Wear factor. How often would it have to be refinished. Ect.
  • Carolyn Brack-Jackson
    What a great job! My husband and I are remodeling our kitchen and intend to use butcher block. Where did you purchase yours, what type of wood is it , what type of stain and finish did you use and how did you do the undercount sink?
Life on Mars

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post