Hometalk.com

7 Comments Displaying 7 of 7 comments
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Wow I love the counters and the back splash LoM. Amazing. I'm a stained wood type of lady, but with the butcher block counters painting the cabinets was the way to go for sure.
  • Love butcherblock! It turned out fabulous!
  • Life on Mars Greer, SC
    Thank you both so much! Yeah definitely couldn't have done the butcherblock on the old oak cabinets. The cabinets were beautiful in their natural wood state, but unfortunately, there's very little natural light and it was way too dark to keep them like that.
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I have a butcher block top on my island and if I redo my counter tops, I would seriously consdier butcher block! I love it! If it gets messy, sand it a little and then re-seal it!
  • M. K. Wilkie Dexter, MI
    We did all of our counters including an island in beech butcher block this fall. We have been doing a complete remodel of the kitchen in a cottage we bought in April in northern Michigan. The kitchen is almost finished. Now on to the rest of the rooms.
  • Connie East Aurora, NY
    I am remodeling a 100 yo craftsman bungalow and have been looking for butcher block counters. Where did you find them? Are they special order? Did you make yourself?
  • Carol Tomlin Spencer, MA
    I absolutely love this ! It's everything I'd like to do in my kitchen right now. I 've been wanting to paint my cabinets cream. I wish it was done already!