Livingroom remodel

03.03.13
This "window" is between my livingroom and hallway. My house was built in the 70s and this makes it look so dated. What should I do with it??
  • Betty W
    Betty W Shelbyville, KY
    Remove spindles. Put a couple of studs in and cover center with sheetrock. Hang a picture on both sides . Or take down all the wood and cover with sheetrock.
  • Ghislaine A
    Ghislaine A Tampa, FL
    Design a stained glass window.
  • Terry
    Terry Lees Summit, MO
    I had 2 of these exactly the same between my kitchen and living room, I hated them. You only have 1 so just knock out the spindles and open it up. If you have a saw, cut through the spindle centers and pull them out. If not, just take a hammer to the
  • Hamtil Construction LLC
    Hamtil Construction LLC Saint Louis, MO
    I might either:

- Take it all down, frame the hole with studs and drywall it.

• BlueLine Home Maintenance & Remodeling
    Depends on whether you want to open this wall up IF it's not load bearing! Another idea we used in a home in Macksville, KS was a unique 'window' from offices behind into the family room downstairs. IF you can shore up the exisiting opening to hold the
Tana

Search Feedback