Livingroom remodel

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
This "window" is between my livingroom and hallway. My house was built in the 70s and this makes it look so dated. What should I do with it??
  • Ghislaine A
    Ghislaine A Tampa, FL
    Design a stained glass window.
  • Terry
    Terry Lees Summit, MO
    I had 2 of these exactly the same between my kitchen and living room, I hated them. You only have 1 so just knock out the spindles and open it up. If you have a saw, cut through the spindle centers and pull them out. If not, just take a hammer to the
  • Hamtil Construction LLC
    Hamtil Construction LLC Saint Louis, MO
    I might either:

- Take it all down, frame the hole with studs and drywall it.

• BlueLine Home Maintenance & Remodeling
    Depends on whether you want to open this wall up IF it's not load bearing! Another idea we used in a home in Macksville, KS was a unique 'window' from offices behind into the family room downstairs. IF you can shore up the exisiting opening to hold the
  • Vicki McDonald
    Vicki McDonald Normal, IL
    I had that in a former house and I just took out the spindles and hung some plants. It gave it a divider effect but was still open and airy.

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post