Hometalk.com

I love collecting many things including colanders

River birch tree filled with my colander/planters... used coffee filters and coco liners to hold in the moisture so flowers can grow.
25 Comments Displaying 15 of 25 comments | See Previous
  • Phyllis.evangelist Ashville, NY
    Love it!!!
  • I LOVE this idea! No drainage hole worries indeed! I totally want to try this next summer. :)
  • Very good idea!
  • CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    Thank you all, I have such fun in my yard and inside my home.

I just have to say I LOVE Hometalk it allows me to share my creativity - years ago people called me crazy now they say I'm

• Cindy Mink Winston Salem, NC
    The gardening and 'old kitchen tool lover' that I am...this has to be incorporated into my garden next summer! (It's a good thing I retired this year...and people have the nerve to ask what I do with my time...lololol)
  • Robyn Phoenix, AZ
    This is great CeeJai. Hey, do you put the coffee filters in as a liner?
  • CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    Robyn,

Yes, I put the coco liner first and then the coffee filters (3)... if I just use the coco liners the water ran through too

• Robyn Phoenix, AZ
    ahh, such clever thinking. I will be thinking of coffee filters now anytime this happens!

Thank you :)

• Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    This is adorable! It game me an early morning giggle!
  • House Of Hawthornes Columbus, OH
    Yes, I love it!!! I just need to add some chain to mine and hang them up.
  • CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    Sometimes I hang them on my porch with anything fragrant, my favorites are alyssum and petunias.
  • Mary Schroer Holts Summit, MO
    Really cute idea need to try it. My thing is I want my brother to change my Kitchen Light (ceiling) into a pendant light using a big metal colander. They cost about $100 to buy them already made and you still have to install them You can make one for
  • Tami @ Curb Alert! Houston, TX
    Very cute idea!
  • CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    Thanks Tami... I move them around at times - right now they're hanging on my porch
  • Lynne Detroit, MI
    never thought to do this with the old ones. they look real cute and a great idea