Hometalk.com

Wine 01.22.14

Wine Cork Key Chains

Something else to do with all those wine corks we save...

To see more: http://artsyvava.blogspot.com/2012/09/wine-cork-keychains.html#

10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Rebecca Zoole Saint Louis, MO
    I have corks and beads. Where could I find the other things I need? Do you just string a wire through the cork?
  • Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    I bought the stretchy cord & split rings at Michaels. The eye screws came from Lowes (they also have these in the framing section at Michaels but they are more expensive than at a hardware store)... they come in a pack of ten at Lowes. If you go to my
  • ScattyLady United Kingdom
    I love this so much. I think I could make more money for the charities I support by doing some of these. Thank you for sharing.
  • Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    I think that's a great idea. I have sold quite a few on ETSY. The ones I have for sale are ones I made with new corks I got at a wine supply store. They come in bags of 100. And, I left off the beads and just stamped the corks. They're really pretty and
  • Jan Twietmeyer Smith Clarkston, WA
    did you put any type of sealer on the cork after it was stamped??
  • Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    Yes, Jan Twietmeyer Smith I did seal the corks after I stamped them to keep the ink from fading. You could use any type of sealer, brush it on, and then set the corks on end to dry.
  • Jan Twietmeyer Smith Clarkston, WA
    thank you!!
  • Dawn Becker Long Beach, CA
    So the little eye screws really hold the weight of the keys in the cork? Doesn't come falling out? I'm sure you're going to say yes, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around that.
  • Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    Yes, Dawn, it really holds the weight. I have been using one I made for over a year now with no problems. I did add a little super glue to the screw before twisting it into the cork though.
  • Dawn Becker Long Beach, CA
    thank you