DIY Fall Leaf Bowl

Marie's Board Yesterday
Simple craft using leaves from your yard creates a fun DIY centerpiece to your FALL decor. You'll need leaves, a balloon and some glue and you can create this fun DIY Fall Leaf Bowl. This is a great craft for kids too. Send them out to collect the most colorful leaves and let them get their hands gooey with the glue or mod podge. They will love to see how the finished product displayed on the mantel or as the center piece of your Thanksgiving table.
The finished leaf bowl
Supplies
Using a balloon, leaves and glue, add each leaf to the bottom of the balloon creating a bowl like shape.
Load up the glue and let dry. Its important that the leaves are completely dry before popping the balloon. If you pop before the leaves are dry, then the bowl will collapse.

To see more: http://www.madewithhappy.com/diy-leaf-bowl/

• Kathy
    Kathy Omaha, NE
    Too late for me to attempt with real leaves this year, but maybe artificial leaves from the craft store! :-)
    • Robyn Frailey
      Robyn Frailey Valparaiso, IN
      Kathy Me too. In fact, the leaves in the pic look exactly like my craft store leaves.
  • Roberta Iloff
    Roberta Iloff Vallejo, CA
    Fun easy idea, thanks :)
  • Earline Whitfield
    Earline Whitfield Columbus, GA
    Leaves from the craft stores might work
  • Erin Egland
    I'm going to start homeschooling twins this year I have a feeling we will have lots of fun with balloons. I remember doing the string bowls in school thanx for the.momory
  • COONIE
    COONIE Canada
    Love this idea for next falls craft idea at camp with kids. TY for sharing.
  • Therese C
    Therese C Greenfield, IA
    Y'all will have to excuse me now...I am going to play with leaves, and glue, and jars, and balloons.......oooh thank you for the idea! I will post pictures of our successful adventures!
  • Karen Bunn
    Karen Bunn Stevenson Ranch, CA
    Turn upside down to make a hanging lamp?
  • Sandra Bennetch
    Sandra Bennetch Mechanicsburg, PA
    Do the leaves retain their colors or brown out?
  • YeVonnie Burton
    YeVonnie Burton Tavares, FL
    Can this be done with leaves from the craft store? Here in this part of Fl we don't have beautiful fall leaves like this.
  • YeVonnie Burton
    YeVonnie Burton Tavares, FL
    Can you use leaves from the craft store? Here in this part of Fl we don't get the beautiful colored FAA leaves.
  • YeVonnie Burton
    YeVonnie Burton Tavares, FL
    Can you use leaves from the craft store? Here in this part of Fl we don't get the beautiful colored fall leaves.
  • YeVonnie Burton
    YeVonnie Burton Tavares, FL
  • Jane R.
    Jane R. Rosenberg, TX
    Beautiful! Another idea to be used at Christmas is to buy a cheap doily, red, green or white, from the dollar store and make a doily bowl, then fill it with colored Christmas tree balls of various sizes.
  • Dee Ann Gruenewald
    Dee Ann Gruenewald Salinas, CA
    What a great idea, we have amber trees which display the most beautiful colors across town. I take walks just to pick up leaves cause I love them so much. Will go for a walk this afternoon. Thanks for the sharing this with us.
  • Latter.rain28
    latter.rain28 Bremerton, WA
    We used to do this in school with string.
  • Sheila McCroskey Gemensky
    Think my granddaughter and I will make these! She loves to craft with MawMaw!
  • Debra Anderson
    Debra Anderson Sand Springs, OK
    I do this with fabric, applying several layers at a time so the bowl is sturdy to use. Sometimes I use a bowl covered with saran wrap & sprayed lightly with an oil spray to prevent fabric from being glued to the plastic. Makes nice sturdy bowls that
  • Joyce Dumler-Hill
    Joyce Dumler-Hill Seiling, OK
    Made one and still like it. Thanks
  • Therese C
    Therese C Greenfield, IA
    Just stopping by to say our leaves look like crap..all brown and curled up. So, we are attempting to make Pine needle bowls...so far we have murdered about 35 balloons, but we are getting it figured out...this is great fun! (and my hands smell Pine fresh)
  • Sandra watts
    sandra watts Tickfaw, LA
    I made these for Christmas gifts-I used the leaves from craft store and I Turned a bowl upside down -put saran wrap over it then put modge podge on it then applied my leaves then modge podged over the leaves- let it dry- then revoved nt leaf bowl- very
Alli @ Made w/ HAPPY