French Country Cottage Kitchen

We love our 1940's vintage kitchen as it is now- but not so much how it was when it started out. We kept the original cupboards and character while updating it~ the ceiling fan became 2 vintage chandeliers, doors came off a couple of cupboard for open shelving,we added beadboard and beams to the ceiling, etc~ Did I mention that this kitchen was remodeled on a big time budget? Yep, it was.

Lots of befores and afters in my post at my blog :

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/201...

• Jamala W
    Jamala W Whitmire, SC
    Love the look... its beautiful
  • Candace Belknap
    Candace Belknap Louisville, KY
    Really lovely, thank goodness you didn't gut the room, it would not have had the same effect! It really is perfect, wonderful job!
  • Sheila E
    Sheila E Chattanooga, TN
    I didn't know the look I loved so much was mostly French Country....with other beautiful things thrown in....beautiful to me. Whatever happened to Christopher Lowell, Kitty Bartholemew etc. on HGTV? A lot of what's 'in' now is scaled down, plain without
  • Angela M
    Angela M Dublin, GA
    Fab-u-lous! Just lovely on so many levels, totally the style I adore, awesome job!!!
  • Lisa Aragon Gabrielson
    This is so pretty! This is similar to our kitchen at our home in the country and I'm in the process of getting ideas for there; can you tell me what kind of counter tops you used?
  • Noreen
    Noreen Oxnard, CA
    Were can I find those Chandeliers
  • Go Nautical
    Go Nautical Hillsborough, NJ
    Lovely!
  • Lisa J.
    Lisa J. Tuscaloosa, AL
    I love your entire home! I have followed your blog for awhile. And, Walnut Creek is a lovely area! I love Marin Co.
  • Judy.burton
    Judy.burton Dallas, TX
    This is beautiful. I love the way the swag chains join the chandeliers without adding more big holes to the ceiling.
  • Patricia Morse
    Patricia Morse Lake City, PA
    Would love a tutorial on how you did the chandeliers. Love this whole kitchen!
  • Sandra
    Sandra Australia
    Absolutely Gorgeous!
  • JoAnn Reeves
    JoAnn Reeves Anderson, SC
    Really stunning. I would like to see a picture of the front of your stove and range hood
  • Sue brown
    sue brown New Zealand
    Just gorgeous,love French country so thank you for sharing:) I am in ore of the chandies also.
  • Luci Wies
    Luci Wies Canada
    Wow, how gorgeous!
Courtney