French Country Cottage Kitchen

We love our 1940's vintage kitchen as it is now- but not so much how it was when it started out. We kept the original cupboards and character while updating it~ the ceiling fan became 2 vintage chandeliers, doors came off a couple of cupboard for open shelving,we added beadboard and beams to the ceiling, etc~ Did I mention that this kitchen was remodeled on a big time budget? Yep, it was.

Lots of befores and afters in my post at my blog :

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/201...

• Vintage chandeliers, vintage french ticking drapes and a new but vintage inspired island.
  • The kitchen is long and has 2 very small windows originally. They were replaced with larger ones to allow more light to come in.
  • A cupboard door was taken off for open shelving on each end of the upper cupboard and 4 drawers became baskets on one side of the sink and 4 drawers became an area for a dishwasher on the other side of the sink.
  • Patricia Morse
    Patricia Morse Lake City, PA
    Would love a tutorial on how you did the chandeliers. Love this whole kitchen!
  • Sandra
    Sandra Australia
    Absolutely Gorgeous!
  • JoAnn Reeves
    JoAnn Reeves Anderson, SC
    Really stunning. I would like to see a picture of the front of your stove and range hood
  • Sue brown
    sue brown New Zealand
    Just gorgeous,love French country so thank you for sharing:) I am in ore of the chandies also.
  • Luci Wies
    Luci Wies Canada
    Wow, how gorgeous!
Courtney