French Country Cottage Kitchen

Living rooms 3 days ago
We love our 1940's vintage kitchen as it is now- but not so much how it was when it started out. We kept the original cupboards and character while updating it~ the ceiling fan became 2 vintage chandeliers, doors came off a couple of cupboard for open shelving,we added beadboard and beams to the ceiling, etc~ Did I mention that this kitchen was remodeled on a big time budget? Yep, it was.

Lots of befores and afters in my post at my blog :

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/2012...

• Vintage chandeliers, vintage french ticking drapes and a new but vintage inspired island.
  • The kitchen is long and has 2 very small windows originally. They were replaced with larger ones to allow more light to come in.
  • A cupboard door was taken off for open shelving on each end of the upper cupboard and 4 drawers became baskets on one side of the sink and 4 drawers became an area for a dishwasher on the other side of the sink.
  • JoAnn Reeves
    JoAnn Reeves Anderson, SC
    Really stunning. I would like to see a picture of the front of your stove and range hood
  • Sue brown
    sue brown New Zealand
    Just gorgeous,love French country so thank you for sharing:) I am in ore of the chandies also.
  • Luci Wies
    Luci Wies Canada
    Wow, how gorgeous!
  • M
    How did you do the chandeliers? Is it a single unit with the 2 chandeliers or did you wire up 2 separate chandelier in the same box?
  • Karen
    Karen Sturgis, MI
    Wonderful, thanks for sharing your creativity with us. I was just wondering how you remade the cupboard doors. They didn't originally have the three inch frame around the outside of each door did they?
Courtney

Search Feedback