French Country Cottage Kitchen

kitchen 11.08.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
We love our 1940's vintage kitchen as it is now- but not so much how it was when it started out. We kept the original cupboards and character while updating it~ the ceiling fan became 2 vintage chandeliers, doors came off a couple of cupboard for open shelving,we added beadboard and beams to the ceiling, etc~ Did I mention that this kitchen was remodeled on a big time budget? Yep, it was.

Lots of befores and afters in my post at my blog :

• Vintage chandeliers, vintage french ticking drapes and a new but vintage inspired island.
  • The kitchen is long and has 2 very small windows originally. They were replaced with larger ones to allow more light to come in.
  • A cupboard door was taken off for open shelving on each end of the upper cupboard and 4 drawers became baskets on one side of the sink and 4 drawers became an area for a dishwasher on the other side of the sink.
  • Luci Wies
    Luci Wies Canada
    Wow, how gorgeous!
  • M
    How did you do the chandeliers? Is it a single unit with the 2 chandeliers or did you wire up 2 separate chandelier in the same box?
  • Karen
    Karen Sturgis, MI
    Wonderful, thanks for sharing your creativity with us. I was just wondering how you remade the cupboard doors. They didn't originally have the three inch frame around the outside of each door did they?
  • Pdmullgirl
    Pdmullgirl Caliente, NV
    Just wonderful! It's so light and bright, I love that! You did a great job! You'll make lots of wonderful memories in a space like that!
  • Wobbles521
    so beautiful, stunning, and homey!

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post