Hometalk.com

Decorating 03.13.14

French Country Cottage Kitchen

We love our 1940's vintage kitchen as it is now- but not so much how it was when it started out. We kept the original cupboards and character while updating it~ the ceiling fan became 2 vintage chandeliers, doors came off a couple of cupboard for open shelving,we added beadboard and beams to the ceiling, etc~ Did I mention that this kitchen was remodeled on a big time budget? Yep, it was.

Lots of befores and afters in my post at my blog :

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/201...

22 Comments Displaying 15 of 22 comments | See Previous
  • Your kitchen is the epitome of French Country, fabulous job!
  • Karin P Cedar Park, TX
    very sweet and charming
  • Laura Ingalls Gunn Litchfield Park, AZ
    This is truly a lovely workspace!
  • Jean Hereford, AZ
    Beautiful - and so creative!
  • Raney C League City, TX
    Really beautiful!
  • Courtney Walnut Creek, CA
    Thanks so much everyone.
  • Jamala W Whitmire, SC
    Love the look... its beautiful
  • Candace Belknap Louisville, KY
    Really lovely, thank goodness you didn't gut the room, it would not have had the same effect! It really is perfect, wonderful job!
  • Sheila E Chattanooga, TN
    I didn't know the look I loved so much was mostly French Country....with other beautiful things thrown in....beautiful to me. Whatever happened to Christopher Lowell, Kitty Bartholemew etc. on HGTV? A lot of what's 'in' now is scaled down, plain without
  • Angela M Dublin, GA
    Fab-u-lous! Just lovely on so many levels, totally the style I adore, awesome job!!!
  • This is so pretty! This is similar to our kitchen at our home in the country and I'm in the process of getting ideas for there; can you tell me what kind of counter tops you used?
  • Noreen Oxnard, CA
    Were can I find those Chandeliers
  • Go Nautical Hillsborough, NJ
    Lovely!
  • Beautiful!
  • Lisa J. Tuscaloosa, AL
    I love your entire home! I have followed your blog for awhile. And, Walnut Creek is a lovely area! I love Marin Co.