Hometalk.com

50 Comments Displaying 16 of 50 comments | See Previous
  • Sherry Post San Pablo, CA
    Nice if you live in a home with cabinet space to convert. But what if you're a renter in an apartment?
    • Kathy Meyer Kalamazoo, MI
      Sherry Post check with your complex management and see if they would allow a modification, some will as long as you check with them and let them know what the plans are...
    • Sherry Post I work in the apartment industry and Ms. Kathy is correct. Check with your community manager. At some high end apartmets they may offer to do it for you for a small fee. :)
  • Sherry Post San Pablo, CA
    I'll do that...thanks :)
  • Yvonne Bailey Clayton, NC
    Shawn Swafford I bet the women in your life would LOVE this
  • Anna Ibarra San Antonio, TX
    Brilliant! Just super!!! I wanted something like this, with all that wasted space above. Tricia was this a hard project? I wander if someone who has very little skills can do this? hhum!
  • Janice Houston, TX
    Brilliant. Wonder if cabinet builders will get smart and do this in homes?
  • Wow, what a difference. What a great idea.
  • Janet Powers Saginaw, MI
    Love this! nice improvement
  • Tina Franzen Harper Woods, MI
    nice! love how it's creative AND inexpensive! why pay big box store prices when you can do it yourself for hundreds less!?
  • im not saying it is a bad idea but i would add an upright to the back and sides of the box to prevent things from sliding or falling off (big and small) slide rails do wear down and slide less smooth with the resk of trembles combined with pull motion.
  • i had a rethink x)

What if instead of making the box ontop of the tray. you would install 2 sliding trays,

• Tee Fort Myers, FL
    Please please

send you husband to my house, mine can't do anything like that lol

• Angelique DeMarco La Vergne, TN
    Wonderful idea. Wonderful fix. I might try this here. :)
  • Arlene Smith Fort Wayne, IN
    will show this to my husband he'll definatly agree it's handier, thats for the pictures.
  • Larry Nance Columbus, OH
    I would add a small ledge to the rear of that top shelf so pots don't fall behind it when you pull it out.