Building With Pallets – How to Easily Disassemble A Pallet In Minutes

Awesome Remodels 14 hours ago
As most of you know – we love to build with pallet wood. If you spend some time looking - it is usually pretty easy to find a source to get them for free – and if you find the right kind – the building potential is limitless. I thought for today's DIY post I would show how we go about taking a pallet from its current state to great usable wood in just a few minutes

Working with pallets – the first thing we realized early on is it is nearly impossible and too time consuming to worry yourselves with pulling out the nails. It is too easy to damage the wood with the claw and hammer or pry bar.

Instead, we opt for our sawzall method – which can disassemble a pallet in less than two minutes into 10 or more pieces of great usable wood. Besides – the left over embedded nail fragments actually add a ton of character to pieces when either stained or painted.

So – 1st Tip – Invest in a sawzall. They are the key to quickly destructing a pallet – and without damaging or splintering the wood. Yes, it's an expense – but the inexpensive ones will work just fine with pallets.

2nd Tip – forget about the little 5″ blade that comes with your sawzall. That will only frustrate you. Buy a couple of 12″

• A sawzall can make all the difference
  • You can use pallet wood to build anything - we even built our chicken coop with it!
  • By following the simple steps - you can end up with great wood pieces like these in just minutes!

To see more: http://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2012/09/18/building-with-pallets-how-to-disassemble-a-pallet-with-ease-for-great-wood/

• Elcene Tichelaar
    Thanks! My husband gave up because pulling the pallets apart w/o breaking them was impossible. Yea, sawsall!
  • Elcene Tichelaar
  • Caroline Hargrove
    @No search results.Elcene Tichelaar Why the same post 4 times????
  • Gloria Sheldon
    Gloria Sheldon Cecil, AL
    This lady loves her tools and I just bought sawzal but kinda afraid of it with the nails. However, I think it's like you said about the 5 pack of blades which is exactly what I did because REVIEW SAID those specific blades ZIPPED RIGHT THROUGH DOOR
  • Richard Williams
    I guess I have been lucky when it comes to pulling pallets apart. I haven't had any pieces break other than the ones that were already cracked. But this is a great idea and will making the stripping period a lot shorter. Thanks :)
Old World Garden Farms