Hometalk.com

10.01.12

PART 2: GARDEN FIGURINE MAKEOVER

THE TURTLES
79 Comments Displaying 15 of 79 comments | See Previous
  • Becky Blair, NE
    LOL I'm with you on that one Sharron. Well on both.... the cooking AND the not being cruel.
  • Donna R Lumberton, TX
    I didn't take a picture of our visiting turtle. Maybe he came here just hoping he could get on HT. I was painting the front porch shutters in the backyard and saw something on the ground that looked like a little football and then walked up and saw the
  • Ellen H Cullman, AL
    I've stopped to help turtles across the road before (hopefully to the side they were heading) but Tania Crawford , I don't think I would touch one that size. I'd be afraid of him. The
  • Becky Blair, NE
    LOL Donna R. .......... Ellen, not sure I saw wise. All I noticed was that NOSE!
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Donna R , LOL Like you need a turtle in your life.... Thanks for the chuckle!
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    haha Well, how much time could a "turtle" take? My mother used to have a very little turtle, she would bring home flies to it every day from work. That turtle knew when she came in the door.... and got all "excited"( well, to some degree for a turtle)
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Becky I just read most of the article with the turtle face...very interesting, especially the comment about the turtle starving to death because it was in a cardboard box and that kind of
  • Becky Blair, NE
    I'm glad you enjoyed it Bernice. I never did get around to finishing the whole thing.
  • Laurie B Newaygo, MI
    Tania, that is definately a snapper turtle, they are fierce if they were to bite you, they do not let go. Their head needs to be chopped off.
  • Laurie B Newaygo, MI
    Leida here are some recent pics of my babies.
  • Laurie B Newaygo, MI
    The first 2 are my rescue Yellow belly slider turtles, the female is the larger one, the middle one is my Quincy, she is a red eared slider turtle, and the baby is Baxter and he is a mississippi map turtle, just a few weeks old.
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    A Mississippi Map turtle? That's pretty cool....how'd you end up with him in MI?
  • Leida R Tampa, FL
    Laurie B THANX!!! You even know their different names as type is concern. Pretty amazing how every body knows so much about the things that interests them.
  • TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    Laurie B Whew! it's a good thing I let hubby pick it up then....Really!! you have to chop his head off UGH! that just seem way to gruesome to me... Hubby would have to do that too and My head
  • Laurie B Newaygo, MI
    Yes Sharron, it is just the breed, purchased him from a breeder in Fla, Leida glad you enjoyed the pic's and Tania, yes, I know it is extremely gruesome but they are definately fierce creatures not one of my favorites for sure, but I wouldn't want any