3,517 views »
Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Found During Demo Part 2

02.26.13
3,517 views »
We had so much fun with our original "Found During Demo" post that I had to ask if anyone can guess what these are? Found in a demo of a 1939 bathroom.
66 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 66 comments | See Previous
  • Ellen H
    Ellen H Cullman, AL
    Kelly Christianson I've been curious to see someone come up with a re-purpose too, but so far, I haven't seen one. I guess you could put them in a load of scrap metal where
  • Diana C
    Diana C Jackson, MI
    they are weights from windows.. they kept the window from falling down after you opened them..
  • Acorn Ponds & Waterfalls
    Melt them down and use them for fishing, put them in you car in the winter for better traction, carry them while you are running for exercise lol haha
  • Hamtil Construction LLC
    Hamtil Construction LLC Saint Louis, MO
    LOL, Acorn Ponds & Waterfalls! I don't think I'll be loading up a backpack with sash weights for a SEAL-esque hell week run anytime soon, but it's a fantastic suggestion!
  • Hamtil Construction LLC
    Hamtil Construction LLC Saint Louis, MO
    Any other clever ideas for them, Ellen H?
  • Joy L
    Joy L Magnolia, TX
    Um--how about a portable weight to leash your small dog to when out and about? Or use as a doorstop/conversation piece? Small weight for arm exercises? Weigh down a tarp so it doesn't blow away? Keep in your car for emergency (break out the glass)? I'm
  • Brian Campbell, Basswood Artisan Carpentry
    They can be used to make garden gates self closing. This is a use similar to their original purpose, with ropes and pulleys.
  • Kendra Pinkelton
    Kendra Pinkelton Toledo, OH
    repurpose them for wind chimes? im looking for some metal pieces that i can make into wind chimes. :)
  • Hamtil Construction LLC
    Hamtil Construction LLC Saint Louis, MO
    Might be a tad heavy for wind chimes Kendra Pinkelton but good thinking! They might "clunk" more than "chime".. but if I run across any other metal pieces that would work I will keep you in mind!
  • Valerie Weiby
    Weights for the old double hung windows.
    Hamtil Construction LLC I have also seen vertically operating pocket doors hung on sash weights in old houses. The door disappears into a slot in the ceiling. The door is retrieved by a cord hanging down from the ceiling, like some old attic stairs are.
  • Hamtil Construction LLC
    Hamtil Construction LLC Saint Louis, MO
    That sounds amazing Brian Campbell, Basswood Artisan Carpentry ..and that's something I would love to see in action. Is this something you have seen on two story homes? I'm
    It was on a landing between the first and second floors. The landing had both a formal half-flight of stairs to the entrance side and a basic rear stair for servants on the kitchen side. The door was on the kitchen side of the landing and opened so
    btw the vertical pocket door would be best in an application like I mentioned... where it would only be closed occasionally, like when entertaining guests.
  • Mary dollar
    Mary dollar Sherman, TX
    these are window weights..yep thats what they are.
Hamtil Construction LLC

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing