Hometalk.com

Curbside Transformation (Part 2)

I found this table on the side of the road a couple of months ago. I took the top off and made two tables out of it. The first table I painted lilac and silver. The second one needed some legs so my husband helped me attach them. I then painted it green with an oversized Greek key pattern in white.

To see more: http://mingledelements.com/2012/09/greek-key-table/

21 Comments Displaying 15 of 21 comments | See Previous
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Sharron at the picture with the "Please take me" sign. She used the top of the table for the purple table and added legs to that ones bottom shelf to make the green table.
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    OH! Well now that makes perfect sense...I thought she'd cut one top into two...and added trim or routed it or something... Well truely inspired reuse that's for sure!
  • Taunnie Sandy, UT
    Thanks so much Sharron! And thank you Becky for clearing things up. This was a really fun transformation x 2.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome Taunnie.

I bet it was fun. I'll look at tables with lower shelves differently from now on.

• Sharron W Memphis, TN
    What did you do to fill the holes in the top of the greek key table? Regular wood filler?
  • Donna R Lumberton, TX
    These are both so pretty. What a great idea to make two tables out of one and how great that it was free for the taking! You scored!
  • Taunnie Sandy, UT
    Thanks Donna! Yes Sharron, I filled the holes in with regular wood filler, then sanded and primed it before taping and spray painting it.
  • Susan Myers Villa Rica, GA
    Love the paisley! Great transformation!
  • Taunnie Sandy, UT
    Thanks Susan :)
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    I'm just amazed cause I've never had that great success with wood putty....I must have bought a cheap version....or something...
  • Becky Blair, NE
    I use one made by Elmer's Sharron.
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Well the one I have says Elmers and also looks kind of like white glue...Do Y'all buy the ones that are color matched? I saw those at the store....
  • Becky Blair, NE
    The one I have is stainable and unfinished wood in color.
  • Donna R Lumberton, TX
    Sharron, you've got to let it dry overnight or all day. It's easy to sand once it's dried and after painting or staining, you don't even notice it was there.
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    Well I found an old Silverware chest on the side of the road yesterday...made hubby drive me up to get it....since I saw it coming home with groceries and it was on that same little two lane road....I think they are either moving or got evicted....but in
  • Likes

Joyce rhodenizer Elizabeth B Donna R Kel C Zografia A Beckie @ Infarrantly Creative Jeanette S Susan Stearns Julie Candice Kass