Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

What would be a durable sealer for an old metal kitchen sink base?

09.23.12
I've recently had an old metal sink base sandblasted, primed & painted. What type of sealer should I use to prevent the paint from being scratched?
4 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    If it is already primed and painted (which works for most items) a sealer is not going to add much to the party.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    KMS pretty much summed it up. What determines how well a finish will last is the type of finish and the object being finished and how its used. If this was something that would take on a lot of abuse. Then an automotive type finish should have been
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Another thing is letting the paint cure properly...as a finish ages it gets harder. Some paints may need a week or more to really firm up
  • Debbie Machmer
    Debbie Machmer Canton, PA
    hmmm, should have posted before I painted... Actually, it is setting without use. Am afraid everyday kitchen use will ding it quickly though. Thanks for the input. I love this site.
Debbie Machmer

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing