Sheila..anyone....my desk needs help?

07.23.15
Hey Sheila or anyone, suggestions for what to do with this very worthy desk. Hard wood, no staples, no nails in drawers. I don't like the hardware, and the carpets are , almost immediately following this post , being replaced with beige, to tie in with the other carpets and floors etc. So red and green are not the predominant colors. I am a "little" tired of red and green. Bur I love the light green on the wall. Included is the picture of my living room.I am trying to switch to steel blue and having a hard time. I almost always go to aqua.

I want some fun with this desk. Sheila, I love what you do, so am imploring you..but anyone can chime in! Like I said this is a worthy desk. I watch this tv from the kitchen (galley style), and hubs puts his shoes on here. hahaa

• Zelda?
    Zelda? Albert, OK
    Bernice H I've not read any of the replies for awhile so maybe someone already suggested this, but here we go.......
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Palm Desert, CA
    Thanks Tyler, actually this is a previous picture, now there is another chair where the cat thingy is. So 2 chairs ....so we can talk to each other, or have morning coffee before hubs goes to work. Desk is only holding the tv up! That's its job, unlike
  • Tyler S
    Tyler S Rochester, NY
    Also, maybe putting the chair in the corner and move the desk where the chair is... see what that would like. I love chairs in the corners. It gives you a really good view
  • Tyler S
    Tyler S Rochester, NY
    Honestly, I am learning to become an interior designer, have you thought about something attractable and opposite of colors you have? You can keep the brown part of top and keep the drawers brown and put the yellow around the desk. Or, you can do yellow
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Palm Desert, CA
    Now Bob , THAT is funny!
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    I was going to say, it does not have any bills on the top. That is what is missing. Simply do not pay a few and you will have all different colored envelopes to decorate it with. I have not seen the top of my desk for quite some time.
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Palm Desert, CA
    Hey Kev, and all....thanks for tuning in! No, it is not the tv that died, but we are hoping....,! This is an (MH)entry way. Slider to the right(in the picture), hallway behind green chair , just enough room for 2 chairs and something to put the tv on.
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    that sounds nice BeckyH
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    So do I Marge, and I think I'd sand and restain the top a light, natural wood, in contrast to the paint. It might just tie in with the wood floor.
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    I like the second color the best. It goes really nicely with the green wall.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    So is that the TV that died? Is this an office space of more of a living room. A scool as old real wood furniture is...it should match the function of the space. If you are in need of a TV stand an old table type piece may have a bettef "feel" in the
  • Ellen H
    Ellen H Cullman, AL
    Once you get it painted, then I would get a nice big basket to go under it (filling in the blank space with texture).
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Hey Bernice, either one of SheilaG's colors is begging for a darker top or with the one on the left go with cream or white for the beachy look. I think a black lacquer style top would look good and help the TV blend in.
  • Dena Boles
    nice chair
Bernice H