I love the framed mirror! Did you put the ceramic tile directly on the mirror?

In the 1920's Atlanta home bathroom remodel, was the ceramic tile applied directly to the mirror?
  • Authentic Living Interiors
    No we didn't. That's where the tricky math comes in. You need to add up the space for the bullnose, the pencil liner and the pinwheel . That determines the size of the mirror. Hope this helps. The border is applied, then the mirror.
  • Linda Vance
    Linda Vance Shepherdsville, KY
    Thanks! I have a big mirror that covers the entire wall & goes to the top of the backsplash over a double sink vanity. Do you think ceramic tile could be applied directly to that? I am looking for a way to update this without replacing the entire mirror.
  • WallsTreat Studio/ Kass Wilson
    Keep in mind that when you apply something directly on to a mirror that you will be able to see the back side from the reflection. The back of tile doesn't sound too attractive. Also, tile will be heavy. Instead, consider creating a frame out of flat
  • Linda Vance
    Linda Vance Shepherdsville, KY
    I see what you mean. I hadn't thought about the reflection showing the back of the tile. I think the wood frame would probably be a better choice for me & thanks for the great tip on painting the back of the frame, too. :)
Linda Vance
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback