I love the framed mirror! Did you put the ceramic tile directly on the mirror?

09.23.12
In the 1920's Atlanta home bathroom remodel, was the ceramic tile applied directly to the mirror?
  • Authentic Living Interiors
    No we didn't. That's where the tricky math comes in. You need to add up the space for the bullnose, the pencil liner and the pinwheel . That determines the size of the mirror. Hope this helps. The border is applied, then the mirror.
  • Linda Vance
    Thanks! I have a big mirror that covers the entire wall & goes to the top of the backsplash over a double sink vanity. Do you think ceramic tile could be applied directly to that? I am looking for a way to update this without replacing the entire mirror.
  • WallsTreat Studio/ Kass Wilson
    Keep in mind that when you apply something directly on to a mirror that you will be able to see the back side from the reflection. The back of tile doesn't sound too attractive. Also, tile will be heavy. Instead, consider creating a frame out of flat
  • Linda Vance
    I see what you mean. I hadn't thought about the reflection showing the back of the tile. I think the wood frame would probably be a better choice for me & thanks for the great tip on painting the back of the frame, too. :)
Linda Vance