plain box turned into a Treasure Box

Upcycling 01.22.15
I saw this box at a close-out store and knew it had potential. A little bit of sanding, painting and detail and I now have a Treasure/Jewelry/anything you want to keep in it Box.
  • before. Just a cheap box at a close-out store.
  • complete. I gave it an old distressed look.
  • I lined the drawers with Gold Satin that has a red flower design. I figured that the black with gold had an Asian feel and wanted to keep the inside of the drawers the same style.
  • Donna R
    Donna R Lumberton, TX
    Beautiful box, Marg. Your jewelry that you keep for yourself will look so pretty or to use it for display in pictures of what you sell.
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    Susan I used the many coats of paint method LOL. First black, then gold, then black, then gold so that when I sanded it down to distress it I could really play around with it. say I sanded too much...then I could sand a little more and get back to the
  • Marakiaya
    Marakiaya Australia
    Wow - I love it!!
  • White Oak Studio Designs
    Nice! Reminds me of my Shaker style candle box I have on my fireplace mantle.
  • Marcy
    Marcy Rogers City, MI
    Very pretty, nicely done.
Marg C