Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
09.24.12

Halloween Decorations

I have so much stuff for every holiday that has covered so many trends. I decided to go whimsical this year for my mantle and use the items I used when my kids were home. There is everything from plastic to cloth and wax to beaded!

For my mailbox, I am using the same weatherproof pupkin I used last year and have embelished it with more silk flowers and leaves which will weather well too! This is my progress so far. (Please excuse the mess on the table...glass tops my daughter is storing and should be moving out soon! But they do make a wonderful work space! Easy to wipe up after making a mess!)

6 Comments Displaying 6 of 6 comments
  • Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    Don't you just love the colors of fall? I keep my things for years as well, there is always a spot for them. Like the mailbox idea, will you post a pic when you are done?
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    You have a great collection, Jeanette! Your scarecrows are adorable!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Thanks ladies...and I will post a photo of mailbox when done. I think I love scarecrows because they look a lot like I look getting out of bed every morning!!! Hee, hee! And they like wearing baggy clothes too! (There were times when I occasionally
  • Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    Lol Jeanette. Nothing was about comfort when we were young, we learned as we got older. Although I still loooove my heels, no flats for me yet!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Two very sad days in a woman's life...the day she loses her girlish giggle and the day she learns no more high heels! Some ladies can pull off heels, but after 70, it is risky! I am not vain enough to risk being cripple! Got too many projects to do to
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    What a wonderful collection you have Jeanette, and artfully arranged. With the varying sizes of pumpkins, your mantel looks like a pumpkin patch w/the scarecrows guarding it. Cool!
Jeanette S
  • Likes

AJ Ogden Linda R Pamela F Lorrie B SheilaG, Plum Doodles Clover House, DeeDee Plum Creek Place