Companion plants for succulents

Garden ideas 05.02.15
Many Hometalk members have recently posted about succulents, and Debra Lee Baldwin has a useful post on companion plants for them on her blog, Gardening Gone Wild. She's also giving a talk on the topic at next week's "Succulent Extravaganza" at the Succulent Gardens near San Francisco. Have you incorporated these water-thrifty plants into your gardens? What do you plant with them? See her full post here:

http://www.gardeninggonewild.com/

• Ivy geraniums, let loose from hanging baskets (via Gardening Gone Wild).
  • Groundcover Dymondia around an Agave parryi "Truncata" (via Gardening Gone Wild).
  • Leucadendron "'Safari Sunset", which hails from Australia (via Gardening Gone Wild).
  • Catherine Smith
    Catherine Smith Fredericksburg, VA
    I have been eye balling those agaves, think I just have to have a couple. LOL And that Safari Sunset is to die for. I have the perfect spot that's looking for an 8 foot buddy. :)
    • Catherine Smith
      Catherine Smith Fredericksburg, VA
      Douglas Hunt Can do Douglas, if I can convince my DH to take the pictures. The camera and I seem to be having some disagreements lately. LOL
  • Donna Dyson
    Donna Dyson Marthaville, LA
    It has been so dry in Louisiana, my succulents are looking terrible. We are praying for rain!! Since they do like dry weather (but not this dry), how often should I water??
      Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
      Donna Dyson There are some real succulent pros on Hometalk who will have a better chance of seeing your question if you post it as a new question using the red "post & ask" button at the top of the page.
  • Leida R
    Leida R Tampa, FL
    Love it.
  • Krisfrylee
    Krisfrylee Titusville, FL
    Douglas Hunt, what is the best way to move a Cardboard Palm that has gotten too large?
  • MarcioWilges
    MarcioWilges Australia
    I think it's quite hard to arrange for removals of different types of plants in the garden once you've decided on a "theme". For me, I'd probably stick with succulents all the way instead of trying to mix things up thnen just leave things like that.
Douglas Hunt