Repurposed Necktie Rug

Repurpose 3 days ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Each piece is individually sewn, stuffed, and sewn onto a backing to create the rug. See more on the tour of our Master Bedroom on my blog!

To see more:

• Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Interesting. Where did you get all the ties, and how many did you use?
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    You are so talented? Where did you find so many neckties?!
  • WhatAmberLoves
    WhatAmberLoves Little Rock, AR
    If you're wanting to make one and don't have a father that has retired from wearing neckties, ;) I suggest eBay and search for "necktie lot" or get them for about $2/ea at goodwill. The quantity you would need would depend on the size of rug you make.
  • .
    . Schenectady, NY
    This is rather odd seeing this here today since yesterday I happened to see some just like this at the furniture store after we ordered furniture for the Gentleman's Parlor. I'd never seen them before. Didn't know they were made from ties. They had some
  • WhatAmberLoves
    WhatAmberLoves Little Rock, AR
    Yep, DREAMWEAVERS! Up cycling ties, leather scraps, and scraps of plush from toy manufacturing!

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post