I have a 12 x 24 out building on our property which I want to convert to a sewing /craft/guest room. Any suggestions

I want to use it for when our granddaughters come to visit [we have a rustic log cabin for the guys] so want it to be feminine... maybe french country or cottage. A sleeper or daybed, futon, etc and tv with cabinetry for conceling my sewing supplies, ironing board and work/cutting table
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    This a little bit bigger than our cabin:

• .
    . Schenectady, NY
    What a fun space this will be Kate. I'd suggest searching CL for a used TV armoire to use for your sewing machine. I've seen one converted to a sewing center by adding a fold down table to put out your sewing machine. It's similar to a Murphy bed the way
  • Kate D
    Kate D Pikeville, TN
    great ideas...thank you all so much. I will share these with my Hubby and we will do some searching for cabinets etc.
  • Kate D
    Kate D Pikeville, TN
    I should also mention my building has the entry on the 24 foot wall and there are 2 windows . 1 on each side of the door, midway on that wall. The opposite 24' wall is adjustable shelves ceiling to floor. The lower shelves have doors the uppers are open.
  • .
    . Schenectady, NY
    Can you share photos please?
Kate D
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post