Repurposed WWII Military First Aid Storage Suitcase Table w/ Sewing Machine Base & Yardsticks

06.17.15
I created this custom table with a vintage WWII suitcase, a vintage New Companion sewing machine iron base and yardsticks. I painted on the custom "first aid" artwork on top to give it the theme. You can see a full description of the project and process via the jump link.
  • Repurposed WWII Military First Aid Storage Suitcase Table w/ Sewing Machine Base & Yardsticks
  • I cleaned the vintage metal base and gave it several coats of fire engine red paint. I then hand painted the white lettering.
  • On the interior, I installed a subfloor to mount the base to the suitcase and then installed a custom yardstick floor with several coats of poly to finish it.
  • I left the parchment paper that lined the interior to keep it original to the era and style.
  • Custom graphics were stenciled and painted onto the top of the vintage suitcase and then distressed.
  • The metal base still swivels and spins.

To see more: http://www.gadgetsponge.com/posts/2012/9/22/repurposed-wwii-military-first-aid-storage-suitcase-table-w.html

• GadgetSponge.com
    GadgetSponge.com Shreveport, LA
    Hey Joyce! Old sewing machine bases are so strong and great for so many ideas. Your computer table should last for decades!
  • Tracy P
    Tracy P Mc Kinney, TX
    we have one we cleaned up and made for Blue ray storage! looks great and works!!
  • Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    Love the red!
  • GadgetSponge.com
    GadgetSponge.com Shreveport, LA
    Congrats Tracy and thanks Valerie!!
  • Peggy
    Peggy Madison, VA
    Like this a lot
    • Peggy
      Peggy Madison, VA
      Peggy I have commented already but looking at this again. I have a base that I use more or less as a table but I also have a very old leather suitcase which would work on top of
GadgetSponge.com