Hometalk.com

09.24.12

Halloween Bench!!

My cousin actually painted the bench, I told him my idea. Leave some blue around and make it look bloody like someone actually was murdered on the bench. It looks amazing and creative for Halloween! He used glove to paint! GREAT IDEA! I think I am going to paint the bench every holidays!
8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    I really like the red w/the black showing through!! I going to paint my kitchen island soon and I want it a combination of black over red like the color had faded and worn. Any tips on ow you achieved this Tyler??
  • Tyler S Lowell, MI
    Yes I have wonderful tips you can have! My cousin uses the garden glove and rub it on it. I used sponge, with black. My cousin uses red. Be sure, you painted the whole thing red, and then uses sponge for black, and gently rub it, not rushing or anything.
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    It sure does Tyler! I need to find the right shade of red - NO Lipstick RED - but that's what I was thinking. Paint it red first then a wipe on for the black. I know yours is supposed to be "scary" but I love the way it turned out! You and cuz did a
  • Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    Another wonderful job Tyler.
  • Tyler S Lowell, MI
    THANK YOU!! :) Yes! I know right! :) THANK YOU! LOL
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Looka great. And I love the "Thriller" pose in the first shot.
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    What a great looking bench, I know you want it for Halloween, but it'll look good year round...at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentines day, memorial Day and the fourth of July! Outstanding Tyler, this ones a home run!
  • Tyler S Lowell, MI
    Steve G - Hahah! My cousin just made up that! I told him that, he said I know! lol! Sharron W - I never thought of that! I might as well keep them then! :)
  • Like

Susan S