$124 Laundry Room Overhaul- Pass Through to Garage (Custom DIY Shelves, Labels, Storage, Organization)

Awesome Remodels 6 days ago
I know laundry rooms can be a bit of a bore, but this one is no longer- I went for high impact (on a budget)!

We have one of those terribly awkward and tiny "pass-through" laundry rooms, making it prime realty to collect junk and become disorganized. I finally decided that enough was enough and took matters into my own hands! With less then $150, I completed a custom color-blocked herringbone paint treatment using paint I had on hand, DIY'd new

shelving, created a hang-dry area for delicates, added some storage boxes with custom labels (made sans a Silhouette machine), hung bars for our frequently used cleaners and some hand towels, DIY'd some basic decor (included our swiffer duster "holder" vase, flowers in sand vases, and wall art with $1 frames and some travel art that I bought several years ago). In the end, the room turned out better than I ever could've imagined

and each day I walk through or by that room I literally smile uncontrollably (and awkwardly, I'm sure)! I recently posted the reveal on my blog.

To see more: http://designbuildlove.co/pinterest-partayy-entire-room-makeover/

• Teri
    Teri Greenup, IL
    wow that's wonderful we started laundry rm and as usual not finished hub got half way thru and quit as soon as Christmas is over Im getting back to it you have givin me inspiration mine is a small galley rm leading outside and is my too Aussies rm at
  • Laura D
    Laura D Pine Knot, KY
    Mine is a tiny walk through also, thanks for the tips
  • Jan Jost
    Jan Jost Bethlehem, PA
    great!
  • Barb Irwin
    Barb Irwin Canada
    great use of space here! Well done!
  • Lisa
    Lisa Conyers, GA
    Awesome job! Love it!
  • Nancy Merrell
    Nancy Merrell Hixson, TN
    Love, love, love the chevron, gives such expensive look!
  • Tonya Zepeda
    Tonya Zepeda Seattle, WA
    In the middle of doing mine. Before and after
  • Mary
    Mary Clermont, FL
    Wow, the herringbone painting looks beautiful and very tedious. I would rather see you have that in a place where everyone can see it. It is a very nice piece of work. You did a super job getting that place in order. thanks for the inspiration
  • 11 Magnolia Lane
    11 Magnolia Lane Warrenton, VA
    Wow that looks great! What a makeover, love it.
  • Mari Lopez
    Mari Lopez Chicago, IL
    Love this idea!!
  • Beverly OMalley
    We have the same issues in our laundry room which doubles as a mud room. You have given me some good ideas.
  • Beve Falley
    Beve Falley Deland, FL
    Love the look of your laundry room! What a good idea and so creative. :)
  • Amy Washere
    Amy Washere Spearfish, SD
    I've looked at soooo many laundry rooms for solutions. Finally found exactly what I need to do. Thanks!
  • Sandy Tromin
    Sandy Tromin Eaton Rapids, MI
    will be using a lot of your ideas for mine too. thanks and it is a wonderful use of space!
  • Karen Marie Carlson Kedzuch
    Love your Laundry room organization. Your ideas are inspiring
Ashley Meyer - Design Build Love