Hometalk.com

Decor Ideas 04.01.14

$124 Laundry Room Overhaul- Pass Through to Garage (Custom DIY Shelves, Labels, Storage, Organization)

I know laundry rooms can be a bit of a bore, but this one is no longer- I went for high impact (on a budget)!

We have one of those terribly awkward and tiny "pass-through" laundry rooms, making it prime realty to collect junk and become disorganized. I finally decided that enough was enough and took matters into my own hands! With less then $150, I completed a custom color-blocked herringbone paint treatment using paint I had on hand, DIY'd new

shelving, created a hang-dry area for delicates, added some storage boxes with custom labels (made sans a Silhouette machine), hung bars for our frequently used cleaners and some hand towels, DIY'd some basic decor (included our swiffer duster "holder" vase, flowers in sand vases, and wall art with $1 frames and some travel art that I bought several years ago). In the end, the room turned out better than I ever could've imagined

and each day I walk through or by that room I literally smile uncontrollably (and awkwardly, I'm sure)! I recently posted the reveal on my blog.

To see more: http://designbuildlove.co/pinterest-partayy-entire-room-makeover/

34 Comments Displaying 15 of 34 comments | See Previous
  • You did a fantastic job! Love the chevron design!
  • Carol Naugatuck, CT
    I'd love to have a laundry room to redo. lol very nice job on yours though
  • Barbara P Marquette, MI
    my laundry room is in the basement , I ll let my kids change that ............I remodeled the kitchen and my closet in master bedroom
  • Sheila Mc Kinney, TX
    A very cute idea!
  • Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
    Love it..my laundry area is off the kitchen on the way to a room we built to be a pantry...and it is cluttered and boring. You have given me inspiration! Love your creativity.
  • Where did you get the idea for the paint scheme? I LOVE it!
  • Mary Sumlin Poplarville, MS
    I love the design and the colors. they look like colors I've used and love
  • Peg Saint George, UT
    What an inspiration!!!!!
  • Teri Greenup, IL
    wow that's wonderful we started laundry rm and as usual not finished hub got half way thru and quit as soon as Christmas is over Im getting back to it you have givin me inspiration mine is a small galley rm leading outside and is my too Aussies rm at
  • Laura D Pine Knot, KY
    Mine is a tiny walk through also, thanks for the tips
  • Jan Jost Bethlehem, PA
    great!
  • Barb Irwin Canada
    great use of space here! Well done!
  • Lisa Conyers, GA
    Awesome job! Love it!
  • Nancy Merrell Hixson, TN
    Love, love, love the chevron, gives such expensive look!
  • Tonya Zepeda Seattle, WA
    In the middle of doing mine. Before and after