$124 Laundry Room Overhaul- Pass Through to Garage (Custom DIY Shelves, Labels, Storage, Organization)

I know laundry rooms can be a bit of a bore, but this one is no longer- I went for high impact (on a budget)!

We have one of those terribly awkward and tiny "pass-through" laundry rooms, making it prime realty to collect junk and become disorganized. I finally decided that enough was enough and took matters into my own hands! With less then $150, I completed a custom color-blocked herringbone paint treatment using paint I had on hand, DIY'd new

shelving, created a hang-dry area for delicates, added some storage boxes with custom labels (made sans a Silhouette machine), hung bars for our frequently used cleaners and some hand towels, DIY'd some basic decor (included our swiffer duster "holder" vase, flowers in sand vases, and wall art with $1 frames and some travel art that I bought several years ago). In the end, the room turned out better than I ever could've imagined

and each day I walk through or by that room I literally smile uncontrollably (and awkwardly, I'm sure)! I recently posted the reveal on my blog.

To see more: http://designbuildlove.co/pinterest-partayy-entire-room-makeover/

on This Post

• Karen Albright Plante
    You did a fantastic job! Love the chevron design!
  • Robin Seefahrt
    Robin Seefahrt West Granby, CT
    That is so cool!! very neat
  • Alice Fillmore
    Alice Fillmore Hillsdale, MI
    You must be a giant to reach the shelves and hang bar.
  • Barbara Gibson
    Barbara Gibson Spring Valley, OH
    Ashley that looks great, how smart and sassy! I liked the change jar, and how you just added paint and touches to make a statement with out a lot of money spent I am sharing your ideas on my fb page...
  • Connie
    Connie East Aurora, NY
    I love this!!! I am going to steal some of your ideas if you don't mind.
  • Stephanie R
    Stephanie R Casper, WY
    this looks just like the laundry room in my rental just not as cute. By any chance is the a traler?
  • Cheri N
    Cheri N Roseville, MI
    Looks great...only thing I'd add is louvered doors...to close off the whole area
  • Sherry Young
    Sherry Young Sugar Grove, IL
    That's is just what I need a shelf just above the machines.
  • KAT
    KAT Alberton, MT
    Great idea, great organization!!!!
  • Driftwood Gardens
    Driftwood Gardens Forked River, NJ
    I can't believe you did that for $150! I'm heading over to your blog to read more!
  • Melody Drinkwater Wagner
    Very nice work!!!!!!!!!!! <3 it!
  • Rose U
    Rose U Scottville, MI
    First time I have seen the idea of painting a laudry area wall like this, I love it. My laundry is the same, a closet like area as I walk into the garage.
  • Linda Gournay
    Linda Gournay Nocona, TX
    Finally, the perfect solution for my laundry area. Where do I find the materials? :)
  • Ashley Meyer - Design Build Love
    Ashley Meyer - Design Bui... West Sacramento, CA
    Thanks Gail Salminen and good luck! You won't regret the change! I promise!!!
  • Gail Salminen
    Great job Ashley - you give me hope for my laundry room - one of my winter projects to finally coral it in to a functional space LOL
Ashley Meyer - Design Build Love