Answer to hiding an ugly in-wall air conditioner.

cool dec ideas 08.03.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
This is my idea for disguising an ugly air conditioner behind a custom shelf cabinet combined with a wooden window valance. I am building the other side in duplicate for balance. The unit is actually black, but shown in grey to make details visible.
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Looks like a great idea Therese but won't that block the air flow for the a/c unit??
  • Donna R
    Donna R Lumberton, TX
    This looks great, Therese. Nice design. Like that you are doing duplicate. Wow! You expect us to learn how to do this on our computers??? Me???
  • Therese C
    Therese C Greenfield, IA
    That is why I am installing doors over it...they will be open when the air is on and closed to look like just a cabinet when the air is not on.
  • Therese C
    Therese C Greenfield, IA
    Donna it gets very easy after a little practice!
  • .
    . Albert, OK
    Great idea Therese. I've often thought about ways to hide them when I've seen those type of AC units.
Therese C

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post