Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 03.01.14

DIY Balsa Wood Drawer Organizer

Do you have a junk drawer in your kitchen that is driving you nuts. Me too. Fix it with balsa wood and a tiny saw. You can make your drawer perfectly fit your stuff. For example, make long compartments for lighters and flashlights or tiny ones for rubber bands and matches.

To see more: http://www.creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com/c-r-a-f-t-72-drawer-organizer-part-2/

10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Carol B Port Carbon, PA
    I did this a few years ago with some flat molding I had leftover. Worked great!
  • Espe D Houston, TX
    Where do you bought the balsa wood? That's so clever and the solution to my problem!
  • TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    Now this is what I need to do to organize all my craft stuff.... Thanks for sharing and getting the light bulb above my head turned on...Cheers!♥
  • Sharon B Green Bay, WI
    great idea and another is I used plastic baskets from the dollar store in different sizes, narrow, and wider ones, works great too......just shared for those that do not want to b cutting
  • You can get balsa wood at any craft store... Hobby Lobby or Michaels!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Ah I love divided drawers! They make me so super happy!
  • Betty Conder Crossville, TN
    I love this idea. I'm going to do this to divide my silverware drawers too.
  • TJ Andover, MN
    great idea!
  • Jennifer Godwin Hutto, TX
    This is my weekend project. I have two junk drawers in my kitchen and I want to do those as well as my flatware drawer & kitchen utensil drawer. Wish me luck!
  • Sam @ DIY Huntress New York, NY
    This is awesome! Can't wait to get rid of my multiple junk drawers!