Hometalk.com

09.30.12

Old Keys and Wind Chimes

Check out what I finally finished with a bunch of old keys my husband has been hoarding. Yes, my husband is a hoarder...oh and it gets frustrating! I call him my redneck...yup, we even have an old couch & chair sitting in the back...outside...

See the full story

http://dewdropgardens.blogspot.ca/2012/09/ol...

6 Comments Displaying 6 of 6 comments
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I love it! My grandson loved keys as a little one and I would almost bet that somewhere upstairs in a closet there is a box full of his keys. I saved your post to remind me to look into making a wind chime...I love them!!!!!!
  • Thanks Jeanette! You should go searching, they sound wonderful. :)
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    It is funny that you posted chimes...I was at a farmer's coop last week and they had a big display of chimes. Some of the tubes were 2" in diameter and they sounded wonderful! But the price was not so wonderful....the one I wanted was $160! I believe
  • $160 for a wind chime?? Was it made out of gold? lol Go for it, you can do it for a lot cheaper! :)
  • In this case, hoarding was definitely a good thing!
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Yes, $160! They were about 3 ft. tall and the chimes were about 2" in diameter! They sounded like Big Ben! Then shopping yesterday I found in a "sale bin" that 2 chimes were twisted together. I bought the pile for $2.80 (for both) -- the original