Hometalk.com

Decor Ideas 03.24.14

Rustic Fall Mantel with Reclaimed Chippy Wood and Blue Ball Jars

To complement the stone fireplace in our keeping room, I decorated our mantel in shades of aqua, brown and cream, an unexpected color choice for fall. I created a backdrop using salvaged wainscoting with a chippy painted patina and decorated the fireplace and mantel with a burlap wreath, blue Ball jars, candles, a picnic basket, pumpkins and a vintage yardstick ruler. I think the finished look is warm and cozy, simple and rustic with a touch of sophistication. You can read more about this project on my blog, AttaGirlSays.com #Bestof2012

#Love2Repurpose

#autumncolors

#pumpkinideas

To see more: http://www.attagirlsays.com/2012/09/29/rustic-chippy-wood-fall-mantel/

12 Comments Displaying 12 of 12 comments
  • Angela M Dublin, GA
    Very pretty!
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    Love the divagation from the traditional orange and black while still conveying the celebration of the season. Very pretty.
  • Donna R Lumberton, TX
    Aqua looks so good with the fall colors. Pretty fireplace and mantel.
  • Atta Girl Amy Greensboro, NC
    Thanks for the kind comments
  • Oh my word I love this entire post! Your fireplace display is gorgeous! The tones and colours are so sophisticated in a rustic way. Well done!
  • Love the color!!
  • Atta Girl Amy Greensboro, NC
    Thanks, FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna Now if we could only get those gas logs lit! :)
  • I love the color palette and the jars are a beautiful addition to the mantel decor.
  • I love the colors- very pretty
  • Nice color combo...and ahhhhh for the LOVE of burlap!!!
  • Atta Girl Amy Greensboro, NC
    Thanks, Phyllis M and Tammy@Deja Vue Designs. I can't seem to get away from aqua in my decor. It's one of my favorite colors. I guess I'll call it my signature!
  • I love aqua too. I think it's my version of blue/green...combined into one! lol