Cleaning Tarnished Silver with Baking Soda

Baking soda tips 05.02.15
A simple and easy way to clean silver using baking soda, tin foil, and boiling water. The complete tutorial is on my blog (just follow the link below) ...

To see more:

• Gail Salminen
    Jeanine Wester when I am concerned about abrasiveness, I usually use a market product like Twinkle or Hagerty silver care.
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    This method was a chemical experiment in school 54 years ago! We thought it was really cool!
  • Lynn Lawson
    Lynn Lawson Calhoun, GA
    I am so glad you posted this. I have an old silver set from my mom that has been wrapped in newpaper for years! I took them all out and cleaned them this way and they sparkle! I did wash them in the dishwasher afterward so we could use them for eating.
  • Patricia Laursen
    Patricia Laursen Brewster, MA
    I thought it was gold.
  • Rose Marie S
    Rose Marie S Floral Park, NY
    I use tooth paste, you can get the dollar store brand. But it must be the white paste not the gel. Best part is that it is not abrasive. Have been doing this for years, put a small amount (like a dab) on a soft cloth or old t-shirt that you no longer use
Linda @ it all started with paint

Search Feedback