Hometalk.com

crafts 02.10.14

Warm up your house with some new uses for an old sweater!

Decorate your house with all those old sweaters that are lying around. It brings the perfect amount of warmth and texture just in time for the fall and winter seasons. This is the first blog post to the series : http://www.thriftyandchic.com/2012/10/old-sw...

More projects to come this week!

#KeepingCozy

To see more: http://www.thriftyandchic.com/2012/10/old-sweater-project-series-vase-cozies.html

26 Comments Displaying 15 of 26 comments | See Previous
  • Angela G Englewood, FL
    How creative....wow!
  • Very creative and pretty dust catcher! At least you can just throw them in the wash. I love the idea and have the perfect sweater just calling my name!
  • Nancy J Goldwire Leander, TX
    How about KNEE HIGH SOCKS? Same effect.
  • Jeanette freeze Purdy, MO
    might be cute
  • Now that is thinking out of the box.
  • Paticia G Clermont, FL
    absolutely incredible and inoavative Good for you
  • Cindy Wolter Arlington Heights, IL
    What ans awesome idea! How many times I have hated to dump my favorite sweaters!
  • Jeanette freeze Purdy, MO
    NOW YOU DONOT HAVE LOL
  • cute for a vase or wine cozy, but I would be very careful on the candle things that are being shown in the picture.
  • Judy F Harrisburg, NC
    You are assuming those are real candles. There are now artificial candles that look real. The sweater decoration can only add warmth to the flicker of light from an artificial candle. Give us a little credit for not being fire bugs in our decorating.
  • Janet Garcia Visalia, CA
    Very cozy and adds such winter fun! Especially those really bright ones that you really only wore -because-...Great idea. Do they need to be lightly glued on to glass vase? Or...just tight enough to stay put?
  • Karen6989 Milwaukee, WI
    n i just give away a bunch darn
  • Loraine Mullins Challis, ID
    would be nice to gift these, I am sure we could find additional uses for them.
  • Debbie Ladoga, IN
    you can also cut off the hem and make headbands for the winter. the sleeves can be sewn shut/be used for that extra pair of socks under your boots. most of the sweaters have really long sleeves so cut them shorter/little ones can use them as sweaters
  • Jan M Noble, OK
    What a great idea!