Mason Jar Solar Lights

Gardening 4 days ago
Using just three materials and a wee bit of time you will quickly have stylish mason jars to light up the garden or patio. www.gardentherapy.ca/mason-jar-solar-lights/

#Bestof2012

To see more: http://www.gardentherapy.ca/mason-jar-solar-lights/

• Alan M
    I would like to point out that these are Crown Sealers, not Mason jars!
    • Debbie
      Debbie Canada
      Alan M what is the difference between crown sealers & mason jars?
  • Lisa McKean
    What an awesome idea!! We have a ton of canning jars in the basement! Great way to upcycle them. Thanks for sharing this one!
  • Debbie Borthwick
    Love this idea, pinned for future use!
  • Lisa McKean
    Middle daughter and I are trying to figure a way to incorporate this idea into a science fair project. I'm so glad you shared this!
  • Janice jenkins
    Janice jenkins Bonne Terre, MO
    <3 <3 <3
  • Lisa Pinder
    Lisa Pinder Canada
    I have a few broken solar lights this will be perfect for them great idea!!
  • Paula Chapman
    Paula Chapman Lincolnton, NC
    Love this idea!!! Thanks for sharing
  • Kate N
    Kate N La Porte City, IA
    If you head of the Dollar Store, the one where every item is $1.00 you can get each one for just that much. I need to do a few more but I think I want to put a small round mirror in the bottom of them to get the light reflected out more.
  • Carla B
    Carla B Glasgow, KY
    i do this at Christmas, only I set them on my window seal so they look like little candles in the windows at night, and i dont have to worry bout timers etc.
  • Deb Powell
    Deb Powell Chippewa Falls, WI
    Thanks you for sharing this now I cant wait to get started on this as it may be on Monday I have a few ideas of my own if it turns out , I will show u all ..
  • Ruth LaMarr
    Ruth LaMarr Marion, OH
    I've been buying my solar lights at WalMart for 97¢. I have added decorative glass stones and vase fillers above the mirror in the bottom of the jar and these sparkle beautifully. I did try a faux mercury glass but these would be great for times when
  • Wendy B
    Wendy B Murphy, NC
    I have an absolute obsession with mason jars...some day I am going to have an entire wall of mason jars used in various ways! I have to say this one is my absolute favorite! Thank you...so simple...I am clunking my head against the wall, wondering WHY
  • KATHLEEN QUINLAN
    KATHLEEN QUINLAN Williston, VT
    Wow! Where did you get the solar part? Does the Solar jars have to be a certain Kind?
  • KATHLEEN QUINLAN
    KATHLEEN QUINLAN Williston, VT
    STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU. JUST CURIOUS WHERE YOU GOT THE PARTS? AND A MORE STEP BY STEP ON HOW YOU ACHIEVED SUCH A GREAT LIGHT?
    • Stephanie @ Garden Therapy
      KATHLEEN QUINLAN you can find all the step by step instructions on the blog post that was listedhttp://www.gardentherapy.ca/mason-jar-solar-.... I got the solar part at target. They are simply stake lights. You can see it all in the blog. Thanks.
  • KATHLEEN QUINLAN
    KATHLEEN QUINLAN Williston, VT
    Thank You!!!!
Stephanie @ Garden Therapy