Clean Your Silver WITHOUT Polishing

There's no need to polish your silver when you use this easy method. All you need is aluminum foil, baking soda and water. See the details here:

To see more: http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2012/10/clean-your-silver-without-polishing-homemaking-101-tip-7/

• Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    I had no idea. Thanks for sharing.
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    You're welcome! and thank you
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Someone commented that using baking soda made some of the silver go away. In our chemistry class we were told just the opposite! The soda takes the oxidation from the silver and transfers it tp the aluminum. When you rub silver, you rub off some of
  • JP S
    JP S Marietta, GA
    Does this also work on silverplate?
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    I would not try it on silverplate just to be on the safe side.
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Another blogger tried this recently and she had great success. I have never tried it but I have some very old silver that looks cruddy and I will try it after seeing her before and after photos.
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    It really does work well, Sherrie ~ I'm getting ready to clean some more for Christmas entertaining. : )
Mary Beth