Clean Your Silver WITHOUT Polishing

Cleaning tips 06.12.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
There's no need to polish your silver when you use this easy method. All you need is aluminum foil, baking soda and water. #CleanHome See the details here:
  • Silver Cleaning Collage
  • Silver tray after cleaning.

To see more:

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Someone commented that using baking soda made some of the silver go away. In our chemistry class we were told just the opposite! The soda takes the oxidation from the silver and transfers it tp the aluminum. When you rub silver, you rub off some of
  • JP S
    JP S Marietta, GA
    Does this also work on silverplate?
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    I would not try it on silverplate just to be on the safe side.
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Another blogger tried this recently and she had great success. I have never tried it but I have some very old silver that looks cruddy and I will try it after seeing her before and after photos.
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    It really does work well, Sherrie ~ I'm getting ready to clean some more for Christmas entertaining. : )
Mary Beth

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post