Welcome in Fall with Bittersweet Vines & Berries for your Front Porch

11.09.14
This simple swag wreath took just minutes to make. All you need are a few bittersweet vines and berries and some twine. That's it! So simple, so sweet - bursting with autumn color! Bittersweet vines and berries are a warm welcome for any front door this fall.

Added note: Bittersweet stains very easily, so be careful when using them. I also learned that Bittersweet is very invasive and should be discarded in a sealed plastic bag. Here is a great article on Bittersweet, about it's beauty and invasive nature - http://www.yankeemagazine.com/home/garden/b...

To see more: http://www.sweetlittlebluebird.com/2012/09/the-best-autumn-gift-bittersweet.html

• Rita meyer
    Rita meyer Fremont, NE
    Do you have problems with the berries staining the door or the vines scratching?
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Bittersweet is certainly autumnal, but it is also wildly invasive, so please throw your swag away in a plastic bag when the time comes to change decor.
  • Mary @ Sweet Little Bluebird
    Hi Rita - I did not have problems with staining , but was told they stain very easily , so when using them you want to be very careful. There are no stains on my white door or any scratches - I have an pretty hardy oil based paint on my door and it
  • Mary @ Sweet Little Bluebird
    Douglas - good to know! I was hoping to save these for next year, but when I do throw them out, I will be sure to place them in a plastic bag.
  • At The Picket Fence
    At The Picket Fence Florence, KY
    I just love how simple yet how beautiful that is!!
  • Shirley@Housepitality Designs
    Love the bittersweet on the door...a simply elegant Fall look...
  • Angela: Unexpected Elegance
    Beautiful!!!
  • Mary @ Sweet Little Bluebird
    Thank you s much, At The Picket Fence, Shirley and Angela!
  • Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker
    Wow, that is just beautiful, I love the bright red!
  • Mary @ Sweet Little Bluebird
    Thank you, Melissa!!!
  • Pam Park
    Pam Park Cincinnati, OH
    can never find in in SW Ohio .... and I know it used to grow here... ?
  • Sandy
    Sandy Sterling Heights, MI
    Love bittersweet decor, very nice
Mary @ Sweet Little Bluebird