Hometalk.com

Craft Idea 02.16.14

Tin Can Welcome Lights

I saw a posting on here about different outdoor lighting ideas a couple weeks ago and after following the link I found how to make pretty candleholders out of old tin cans. I decided to make a 'welcome' sign out of them instead of a design or picture on the cans. It was so fast and easy to do!
21 Comments Displaying 15 of 21 comments | See Previous
  • Bea F Corpus Christi, TX
    Really great idea. I'll have to make one.
  • Sharon B Green Bay, WI
    U did a great job, this would b so pretty on a mantel as well inside with greens and berries and such I think, would love it on top of my mantel for Xmas and add pine cones too......can u give instructions or the link......so nice
  • Sharon B Green Bay, WI
    I am fairly new to Hometalk and was wondering, at the top of this page it says Pinit, Tweet, Email and F for Facebook and number for likes.....where does this come from, I have not noticed it on any of my postings??
  • Becky Blair, NE
    It should be on every post Sharon B.

I'm guessing the number after Pin-it is how many times it's been pinned and that you'd have to signed in with your fb or

• Sharon B Green Bay, WI
    U r so funny, I just cannot sleep.....all these ideas going thru my head...haha....do not know what this Pin-it is at all, just been on here is all, did view Pinterest some, but like this.........so guess if I click on that will c ok and posted some of
  • I am thinking about Halloween so everything i see goes that way I see lots of possibilities for this
  • Pat aka Queen of Thrift Scottsboro, AL
    I LOVE this! My head is spinning with ideas from Hometalk! There are so many things I want to try! This goes to the top of my list.
  • Jeanine Wester Peoria, IL
    Thanks for the comments everyone! Pat aka Queen of Thrift I know what you mean. Sometimes I read through HomeTalk before I go to bed and then I can't sleep because I'm thinking of everything I want to try lol!
  • Jeanine Wester Peoria, IL
    Sharon B here is the link on how to do these. It recommends taping a piece of paper over the can, but I just used permanent marker and it worked fine for me!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    The Pin-it has to do with Pinterest Sharon B. It's full of interesting ideas too, but without the conversation you get here. I much prefer Hometalk. In fact I rarely visit Pinterest now that
    That is soooo like me, Jeanine! :)
  • A Lapin Life Morris Plains, NJ
    Super a beautiful welcome!
  • Sharon B Green Bay, WI
    Jeanine, I did not get a link above to go to
  • Jeanine Wester Peoria, IL
    Sharon B so sorry I got caught up with something and forgot to hit paste!! http://www.finegardening.com/how-to/articles...
  • Sharon B Green Bay, WI
    Thank u so much and have a great day