Hometalk.com

Glass totems 03.17.14

Upcycled Glass Projects

8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Debbie serriano Schenectady, NY
    these are very cool do you have directions as to what type of glue you used or how the process of adding the pieces thanks Debbie
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Hello Leah R. and welcome to HT! Wonderful job on these!!! LOVE THEM ALL!!

1st rule of HT is - if you're NOT a blogger (which I am NOT) ya gotta be ready for a gazillion questions. We always want to

• Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    OKAAAAAA - let me amend that statement!! LOL You aren't all that new to HT - I see you have posts going back to the summer w/your garden boxes, which also looked awesome BTW!! I thought you had just made your first post with your glass creations. Anyway
  • Leah R Craig, CO
    Thank you for the compliments! We usually just pick up random pieces of glass at yard sales or thrift shops here and there. Then it usually all ends up strung across our living room! It takes time to piece the glass together, it works best if you let it
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Hi Leah, Love your creations, I do this too, but I am amazed at how pretty yours are.Very unusual, and creative. What do you do with all of them?Gift them? Sell them?
  • Nancy Fiedler Andover, MN
    I 'do' this as well, and YES it is very time consuming. you have audition many pieces before the right ones come together. And then the assembly can take 3-4 days. I cannot tell you haw much glassware I have in my basement.
  • Nancy Republic, MO
    Nancy Fiedler - I've been a crafter most of my life and it does astound me when I hear comments "I could do that" (of course I've been guilty of the same, just not to the crafter's face"). No one knows how much of the creative process goes into our
  • Nancy Republic, MO
    Leah R - What a great eye you have! Love these ideas! I've been a glass collector for 25 years and now I really need to do something with all the pretty wine bottles, cool beer bottles - anything that has "personality" - and you've just given me great