DIY Non-Toxic Cleaner

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Make your own natural cleaner. No chemicals, no harsh odors and safe for children & pets. Best part, it is inexpensive and only requires two ingredients: vinegar and lemons.

To see more:

• Billie Kendall
    Billie Kendall Linton, IN
    My daughter found a recipe for homemade cleaner. U use oranges instead of lemons. We followed the directions and was very disappointed. Whemn we took lid off of container, the smell was awful. Smelled like something rotten. I did clean great but couldn't
  • Beverly Brannan
    Beverly Brannan House Springs, MO
    My daughter and son-in-law created a vintage 1920 house; lots of wood! She uses this lemon/vinegar mixture to clean her mantel, window seat, bookshelves (all built by my son-in-law!), tables and desk. It does a wonderful job.
  • Christy
    Christy Athens, GA
    Are there any good DIY cleaners that DON'T have vinegar in them? The smell of vinegar makes me nauseous. I'd like to try and make my own cleaner but just can't do it with vinegar. Thanks for any suggestions.
    • Nicole @WonkyWonderful
      Christy I've seen some baking soda based cleaners. But I haven't tried those types of cleaners so I can't vouch for how well they work.
  • Vicki R
    Vicki R Buffalo, NY
    I love the smell of vinegar and use it to clean everything. I miss my lemon tree and my neighbor's grapefruit tree. Handy to pick them off the tree rather than pay @ the store. The smell of Pine Sol (pine scent) makes me nauseous & dizzy. Don't like
  • Deborah Phillips
    Deborah Phillips Browns Summit, NC
    could you use oranges also? I just love the citrus aromas!
Nicole @WonkyWonderful

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post