Hometalk.com

Before & After 10.02.13

Handpainted Kitchen Island

Super simple project to add a little personality to your kitchen island! We live in a turn-of-the century farmhouse and I wanted to add a little vintage character to the farmhouse kitchen. This project was so simple....using acrylic paints and number templates printed off the internet, I painted the year our house was built on the wood counter top and distressed for a little personality! Easy fun and one-of-a-kind! For step-by-step instructions click on the link below.

To see more: http://www.thistlewoodfarms.com/its-a-cinch-painted-kitchen-island

21 Comments Displaying 15 of 21 comments | See Previous
  • Thistlewood I'm going to have to show this to Matt ... I think we need to add a little flair to our kitchen table!
  • Shanty2Chic Colleyville, TX
    So pretty! LOVE it!
  • Rebecca E. Parsons Fernandina Beach, FL
    love it!!!
  • LiveLoveDIY Knoxville, TN
    AHHH! This is amazing! I love it! Genius! That adds so much character to your kitchen....gorgeous!
  • Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    Thanks everyone! It was so easy and it's definitely a conversation piece!
  • great project! It turned out so well.
  • The Bold Abode Forest, VA
    It does add a lot of character! Oh, to have an island... preferably one with soft breezes and sunny days... hehehe...
  • Deborah S Ossineke, MI
    Love the lettering detail!
  • You could also use contact paper. cut out the letters as a stencil and paint. stick the paper on with the letters cut out.
  • MaryAnn D Ocala, FL
    Love the thought that went into it
  • MaryAnn D Ocala, FL
    Loved the thought that went into it
  • Dcz665 Highland Park, IL
    Love it! We painted our temporary plywood island in a quilt pattern. I was a little sad to see it go once we had the $ for granite.
  • Cathy B Phoenix, AZ
    Dcz665: isn't it funny how the cheapest way sometimes warms our hearts the most?
  • Cathy B Phoenix, AZ
    Love.
  • Terrie Kaufman Vancouver, WA
    Fabulous idea and unique enough that everyone will want to do this somewhere. <grin>