Handpainted Kitchen Island

Furniture Yesterday

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Super simple project to add a little personality to your kitchen island! We live in a turn-of-the century farmhouse and I wanted to add a little vintage character to the farmhouse kitchen. This project was so simple....using acrylic paints and number templates printed off the internet, I painted the year our house was built on the wood counter top and distressed for a little personality! Easy fun and one-of-a-kind! For step-by-step instructions click on the link below.

To see more: http://www.thistlewoodfarms.com/its-a-cinch-painted-kitchen-island

• MaryAnn D
    MaryAnn D Ocala, FL
    Loved the thought that went into it
  • Dcz665
    Dcz665 Highland Park, IL
    Love it! We painted our temporary plywood island in a quilt pattern. I was a little sad to see it go once we had the $ for granite.
  • Cathy B
    Cathy B Phoenix, AZ
    Dcz665: isn't it funny how the cheapest way sometimes warms our hearts the most?
  • Cathy B
    Cathy B Phoenix, AZ
  • Terrie Kaufman
    Terrie Kaufman Vancouver, WA
    Fabulous idea and unique enough that everyone will want to do this somewhere. <grin>

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post