Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

How To Clean In Between The Glass On Your Stove Doors

for the home 2 days ago
Want to clean that space in between the glass on your oven door? It's really not hard...all you need is an inexpensive tool and a few free minutes. #CleanIt
Clean the space between your oven doors.
Special tool for torx screw...around $5.
Open up the doors, but be careful, because they may spring apart.
Scrub with baking soda and water paste mixture.
All clean and completely see through now!

To see more: http://www.mom4real.com/2012/10/how-to-clean-in-between-glass-on-your.html

413 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 19 of 413 comments | See Previous
  • Karen Raasch
    Karen Raasch Evington, VA
    I have taken my oven door apart and cleaned it twice in the past 2 years. No problems. I did take pics of every step of disassembly so I could put it back the correct way.
  • Karen Ray
    Karen Ray San Antonio, TX
    This worries me. What effect on self-cleaning locking mechanism. I think taking it apart is dangerous in many ways.
  • Deborah Trujillo
    Deborah Trujillo Apache, OK
    I bought a Frigidaire stove and the burner area stays ugly,almost like the paint has bubbled and nothing gets it clean,I,be tried everything.just never buy their appliances.
    • Charlene
      Charlene Elgin, IL
      Deborah Trujillo I bought a Frigidaire stove also and it's almost impossible to clean the burner area without it streaking like a film is over it. I also am experiencing the
  • Edna Dilmore
    Edna Dilmore Mc Calla, AL
    Not as easy as it may seem I should say , it wasn't for me.
  • Southdakota Farmer
    Barkeepers Friend works on the stove top. I sometimes use an SOS pad if something gets really burned on-doesn't hurt the glass and just rinse it off and dry. Looks like new
  • Joy Barry
    Joy Barry Marquette, KS
    They have a special cleaner for glass tops. Just ask your appliance store.
  • Nancy Chafin
    Nancy Chafin Berryville, AR
    My oven door falls open when you begin to open it. Is there a spring somewhere?
    • Patti
      Patti Amsterdam, NY
      Nancy Chafin yes there is one on the metal bracket call the company that made the stove ask how to adjust it
  • Allison Robbins
    This cleaning tip is pretty obvious. Be ready also to hold the glass and have a place to put it. For mine, I needed large vise grips to hold the door together when I was putting the screws back in.
  • Marty
    marty Klingerstown, PA
    Yes...be ready to hold the glass!!! My husband tried cleaning our stove this way and the glass fell out and shattered everywhere....Got a new stove out of it though!
  • Patti
    Patti Amsterdam, NY
    if just a drip on the glass a pipe cleaner from Lowe's thick cushy helps too
  • Drmanifold
    Try Shaklee Scour Off to clean glass stove tops. Works wonders.
  • Debra Marshall
    I'd like to know how that part of the stove gets dirty to begin with if it is sealed......
  • Carolyn Faye Blizzard Lanier
    You have to be careful when you mess with you stove doors, some of them have gas in-between the glass, we had a friend that had cleaned theirs an the next day the oven glass exploded.
  • Carol
    Carol Thomasville, GA
    Use ketchup for any burned on areas. Works also for pots and pans.
  • Pam Devroy
    Pam Devroy Clinton Township, MI
    I use Bon Ami in a paste. I break a craft stick in half and use the broken end to rub the paste around the burner and it cleans it to look brand new. Now to tackle inside the glass on the doors...Not to sure about taking it apart.
Mom4Real

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing