Creating Faux Stained Glass with Acrylic Paint and Glue!

DIY Yesterday
A simple way to create that stained glass look for just pennies, using supplies that you may very well already have!

To see more: http://suzyssitcom.com/2011/01/feature-friday-faux-stained-glass.html

• Kristin White
    Kristin White Pocola, OK
    Can this be done on an existing window? I want to do this to the kitchen window over my sink.
  • Susan Myers
    Susan Myers Villa Rica, GA
    Hi Kristin,

The project has to be laying flat until dry. For a window, I would recommend going with regular glass paints. They have a

• Kristin White
    Kristin White Pocola, OK
    That's what I figured but I am hesitant to use the regular glass paints because I know how bad I am at creating straight consistent lines. I liked the idea of the glue because soap and water would dissolve it and allow me to start over if needed. Oh,
  • Susan Myers
    Susan Myers Villa Rica, GA
    No problem! You could try doing it on the window film and then applying it. Let me know if it works out!
  • Kristin White
    Kristin White Pocola, OK
    Thats and Idea... I hadn't thought of that...Lightbulb...lol
  • Sarah
    Sarah Phoenixville, PA
    Kristin, why don't you just do a design on a piece of glass that you can put inside a frame and hang it in your kitchen window? Then you can always make mistakes and still have something in the size you want.
  • Donna Mancini
    Donna Mancini Elmwood Park, IL
    This beautiful would love to try it...
  • Debbie Moore
    Debbie Moore Muskegon, MI
    I can see my steeping stones now.
  • Laura Womack
    Laura Womack Petersburg, VA
    I want to paint some windows in our entry way there are 8 small windows going down on each side of our front door. I would like to paint each window a different color, we live in an older home built in 1925? What kind of paint and where can I get it
  • Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    I picked up some square glass light fittings that had been thrown out a couple of days ago - I think this would be a perfect project! Thanks for sharing.
  • Susan Myers
    Susan Myers Villa Rica, GA
    Hi Laura, I would recommend using paints that are meant for glass. You can purchase them at most craft stores or even at Amazon.com under "glass paint". Those windows are in the elements and take extreme temperature changes. The glue and acrylic paint
  • Sherry Knott
    Sherry Knott Rome, GA
    I've got to try this! I do have a question though as I am just getting started painting faux stained glass. I bought a Gallery Glass Stained Glass Paint Kit and it works great, but the colors are limited. Will regular glass paint (typically used to paint
  • Lea Grossman
    Lea Grossman New Rochelle, NY
    that is so beautiful!
  • Mubdi Mutakabirr
    Mubdi Mutakabirr Brooklyn, NY
    Hi SUSAN, My Name is Hajj. I need to find glass stain paint. About 9 years ago, I bought a few tubes of Glass stain paint. My pictures came out super. i purchase the paint from Pearl Paint. They don't carrie it anymore. Where can I Buy stain paint. If i
  • Gilded-Lily Historical Finishes
    I really love this. Beautiful work. Will have to put this on my list of "To Do" projects.
Susan Myers