Creating Faux Stained Glass with Acrylic Paint and Glue! | Hometalk
61K views

Creating Faux Stained Glass with Acrylic Paint and Glue!

Kathi's DIY Board on May 3, 2016
61K views
A simple way to create that stained glass look for just pennies, using supplies that you may very well already have!

To see more: http://suzyssitcom.com/2011/01/feature-friday-faux-stained-glass.html

2 Questions on This Post

46 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 7  of  46 | See Previous
  • Beth
    Beth Covington, KY

Can you peel it off the glass and transfer to another piece of glass after it has finished drying? I used to use liquid rainbow and they have discontinued it, i'm hoping this is the same thing but diy. Thanks!

• Susan Myers
      Susan Myers Villa Rica, GA

@Beth I do not think so. You can peel it off the glass, but mine will not come off in one piece

• Jessie88
    Jessie88 Fair Grove, MO

What sort of price would you put on a piece like this?

• Reginamurphy51
    Reginamurphy51 Fort Lauderdale, FL

I very much like it might try this for my office window but I'll have to do it on a lighter pc of what kind of frame any suggestions will be welcome

• Amy Anson
      Amy Anson Toms River, NJ

@Reginamurphy51 take a look at my previous post. I did a lighter version and only used the faux stained glass for the frame around my painting. It may give you some ideas.

• Lisa Stewart
    Lisa Stewart Tallahassee, FL

I am so glad you posted this! I forgot about this technique, and I think I last did this with my eldest many moons ago. My little one is going to love it! @Beth, I was first introduced to this craft through my son's elementary school, and they used

• Jean Myles
    Jean Myles Canada

WOW I did this with my sons class Thanks for a beautiful idea.

­