How to Clean Soap Scum Off Shower Doors

Cleaning 07.01.15
Who else thinks soap scum is the enemy of all homeowners?

This past weekend I decided to put my cleaning plan into action and eliminate the haze on my shower doors that's from soap & hard water. I used the safe combination of baking soda and white vinegar to remove the soap scum. Then I applied Rain-X to the shower door glass to prevent this from happening again, or at the very least stop me from having to clean the doors as frequently.

I wanted to share this process because it worked better than I thought it would. You can view the blog post I put together at http://www.homerepairtutor.com/clean-shower-....

If you don't do anything else you should view the video. Not only does it walk you through everything I did it shows you one crucial action I forgot to take-comb my hair before filming! But I don't mind embarrassing myself for the Hometalk community.

#Bestof2012

Time: 30 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.homerepairtutor.com/clean-shower-doors

• Gary Crainshaw
    Gary Crainshaw Kansas City, MO
    Owning a window cleaning business we come across this all all the time! We created a product that our customers could use in between their window cleaning visits. Hard Water Remover sold @ www.getstuffoff.com
  • B. enne
    b. enne Canada
    We have used squeegees for years. Although we really liked Tilex soap scum remover, it was causing the caulk we used, to wear away quickly.
  • Cissy Bassett
    Cissy Bassett Avonmore, PA
    Dollar Tree- squeegee. Best dollar I've spent all year!
  • Patmacb
    patmacb Brainerd, MN
    We also squeegee after every shower and our all glass shower looks fabulous!
  • Gaiusgracchus
    gaiusgracchus Reno, NV
    Neither solution above worked for us. We tried everything under the sun, too, and finally found a very easy solution.

While at Costco we saw a vendor selling a package of EZ Detailer all in one Carnauba Wax. He described all the things it

Home Repair Tutor