Hometalk.com

cleaning tips 4 days ago

Do you want a quick and easy way to make your ceramic tile and hardwood sparkle?

I share with you on this post how this "secret" has worked for me! Want a quick way to give your ceramic tile and hardwood floors a sparkle? It's as easy as grabbing your bottle of Windex or a generic version. This was a trick I was taught years ago when I used to clean condos on the weekend in my "youth". I do it when I don't have time for a deep clean and even after deep cleaning. Gives everything an extra sparkle! You can check out the rest of the details here: http://youaretalkingtoomuch.com/2012/10/quic...

#CleaningTricks

14 Comments Displaying 14 of 14 comments
  • Great tip!
  • Vicki Smyrna, GA
    i was like no way! gotta to try it. thanks for sharing.
  • Melissa-TheHappierHomemaker thank you! Vicki please report back! I think you will like it! Apparently I am not alone! There were many comments on the blog post that use this "trick" as well! Thank you for commenting!
  • Dlp Ozark, MO
    When you use Windex, you ARE deep cleaning. It cleans and sanitizes well because it has ammonia in it. The shine is just the extra perk. I use glass cleaner with ammonia to clean many, many things around the house, especially in the kitchen and bath.
  • Tammy Lawton, OK
    can't wait to try this.
  • Tammy Lawton, OK
    I just looked up cleaning laminate floors on Google. We just had some installed and one of the cleaner they noted was a low vinegar glass cleaner.
  • Dip! Now I don't have to clean AFTER my clean! ; ) Thank you for sharing!
  • Tammy YAY! It works for laminate too! Thank you so much for sharing that! If you would like to comment on the blog post too, I would love for you to share this info! Love, Me Here is link to post
  • wish we could get this in the uk

• Tracy Gilmore I just found this info online. I hope it helps you! Windex is an ammonia based window cleaner, it has a transparent blue color to it. In the United Kingdom a comparable
  • Ok, here's one for you. How do I make Corian shine? I've read to have it professionally sanded with the finest of sandpapers. Help! I want it to shine like granite.
  • JoAnn White Hello JoAnn! Thank you for asking! I will TRY to help. I found this helpful link that should assist! I hope. ; ) Make sure you subscribe to my blog or FB, I love helping others and
  • thanks i have tried the various windowlenes, glass/mirror cleaners mr muscles and such available, most leave a film on my mirrors, so guess they will on my worktops too, most are very smelly too thereby tainting your food. thanks for looking though.
  • Valery Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    I read online NOT to use windex/ammonia based cleaners on corian. I'm stuck with the stuff too. if you find an answer, please pass it along.