Closet Turned Reading Nook and Toy Storage #ClosetTips

Closet Reuse 10.20.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
My son has two full sized closets in his room, but really only needs one. I turned this extra closet into a reading nook, sleepover bed, toy storage and hideaway for him.
  • Before and After
  • Extra bed for sleepovers
  • Sconce added by running a cord around the molding and plugging it into the outlet outside the closet.
  • Hooks added to hang dress ups
  • Two upper shelves that are narrow in depth were added for books and display.

To see more:

• UdyRegan
    UdyRegan Australia
    Now that might be a good idea for my boys! Although I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to keep the storagenook clean for long anyway haha! They're sure to turn everything topsy turvy, no matter how good our intentions of keeping it clean are!
  • Darlene Rittley
    Darlene Rittley Jackson, NJ
    Now that is a really cute idea
  • Shelby @ The Weathered Barn Studio
    ....beautiful job on that. ...I did this when my youngest daughter was in elementary school ( she is now 22 ) and I actually had a neighbor build it, into her extra closet, then I painted it out, added a 5" thick piece of foam covered in a nice fabric,
  • Painted Petals
    Painted Petals Middletown, NY
    This is amazing I love it !
  • Urban Acreage
    Urban Acreage Omaha, NE
Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post