Closet Turned Reading Nook and Toy Storage #ClosetTips

Stuff! 09.24.15
My son has two full sized closets in his room, but really only needs one. I turned this extra closet into a reading nook, sleepover bed, toy storage and hideaway for him.
  • Before and After
  • Extra bed for sleepovers
  • Sconce added by running a cord around the molding and plugging it into the outlet outside the closet.
  • Hooks added to hang dress ups
  • Two upper shelves that are narrow in depth were added for books and display.

To see more:

• UdyRegan
    UdyRegan Australia
    Now that might be a good idea for my boys! Although I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to keep the storagenook clean for long anyway haha! They're sure to turn everything topsy turvy, no matter how good our intentions of keeping it clean are!
  • Darlene Rittley
    Darlene Rittley Jackson, NJ
    Now that is a really cute idea
  • Shelby @ The Weathered Barn Studio
    ....beautiful job on that. ...I did this when my youngest daughter was in elementary school ( she is now 22 ) and I actually had a neighbor build it, into her extra closet, then I painted it out, added a 5" thick piece of foam covered in a nice fabric,
  • Painted Petals
    Painted Petals Middletown, NY
    This is amazing I love it !
  • Urban Acreage
    Urban Acreage Omaha, NE
Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl

Search Feedback