Frame Out Your Builder's Grade Mirrors...No Mitering Required!

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Do you have builder's grade mirrors in your home that need an update? I framed mine out for under $30, and it was super easy...come see how!

To see more:

• Elaine Simmons
    Elaine Simmons Florence, AZ
    I plan on doing this to our main bath. My husband absolutely will not do the mitering so this would be the next best thing. We have one giant mirror so I think I want to put some wood up the middle too to make it look more like two separate mirrors.
  • Juju, the Anti-Gardener
    @Elaine That's what I was thinking also. I have two vanities and one of the mirrors is

maybe 50 inches or more. Do you plan on doing two middle pieces? Oh and @Mom4Real, that's what I call a real DIY. I get a

• Elaine Simmons
      Elaine Simmons Florence, AZ
      Juju, the Anti-Gardener JuJu, sorry, I didn't see your post till today. I did go ahead and do our large mirror. I think it is at least 60". We did put a center board in the
  • Vickie
    Vickie Concord, NC
    my large mirrors are 1/12 in from wall and the other one maybe a inch. I'm new to all this. In the past I would just ask my ex to do it or me. So this will be a learning experience for me after I get all my other "projects" done. It never ends when u own
  • Adrianne Halford
    Adrianne Halford Pensacola, FL
    Love this idea and much more economical than the fancy ones you buy at home stores!
  • Kris
    Kris Alexandria, VA
    What did you do to cover the pieces that hold the mirror in place? I have semi-circular metal clips that hold up the mirror.

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post