Get Rid of Lime Deposits using Eco-Friendly Products

CLEANING 11.07.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Get rid of lime deposits using 2 items from your pantry ~ vinegar and salt. #CleanHome
  • Befores and Afters
  • Lime deposit on kitchen faucet ~ before
  • Kitchen Faucet After
  • slather on the salt and vinegar

To see more:

• GeeJudy
    GeeJudy Denver, CO
    What is the difference of cleaning vinegar to white vinegar?
  • GeeJudy
    GeeJudy Denver, CO
    I purchased a gallon of cleaning vinegar at Dollar Tree
  • Joan Gondeck
    Joan Gondeck Austin, TX
    I had water spots on a perfectly good faucet on my bathroom sink. I soaked paper towels in vinegar. It was a disaster in the morning. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do next.
    • Rita Hlasney
      Rita Hlasney Shell Knob, MO
      What do you mean by disaster ? Vinegar is for lime deposits, not water spots. Usually just a damp microfiber cloth and a little elbo grease will remove water spots.
  • Joan Gondeck
    Joan Gondeck Austin, TX
    I tried everything to get rid of the water spots, including what you mention. I know vinegar cleans everything. I think I may have to paint the faucet. It is too good to chuck..
  • Michelle Jarvis Ferraro
    Is the cleaning vinegar found in the cleaning section or next to all the other vinegars
Mary Beth

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post