I hate my ugly spindles under my cabinets. Do you have any ideas?

Update: The cabinets are down. We originally planned on doing it this weekend but we couldn't wait. The spindles were decorative. We took out all the screws and the cabinets wouldn't budge. They were attached to plywood that was bolted to a metal plate attached to a very large lag bolt (2ft.) that was bolted in the attic. There were 2 of these. Now I just need to figure out what kind of lights to use. I was thinking of pendant lighting or can lights. Maybe even a track light that is simiilar to the one I have over the sink but only bigger. What do you think?

We just moved into this house a couple of months ago and are doing some minor remodeling. I hate these spindles under my cabinet. I would love to remove the upper cabinets but I need the space for storage and I need something to support my cabinets. I would love any suggestions or pictures if you had the same issue and came up with a great solution. Eventually I would like to remodel the kitchen but that is much further down the road.

• Dawn
    Dawn Clarion, IA
    I am keeping the soffit as of right now. We do not have the time or money to take it out. We have other projects that have a higher priority. I am planning on putting pendant lights in. I already have electrical that was under the cabinet so we will be
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    post some after pics when you get it completed...I am like many of the other hometalkers here.... and we all love before and after shots.
  • Phyllis
    Phyllis Pittsburgh, PA
    taking them down was my answer; hang a cple of pendant lights above(3)
  • Evey trautmann
    evey trautmann Oriska, ND
    Looks very nice.Put oldhanging stained glass lite up.U will have lite.
  • Terri
    Terri Cincinnati, OH
    Hi Dawn I googled spindles and old cabinets and got your post. Realizing this was a number of years ago, your help would sure turn out handy to me. We are buying a house with a kitchen much like yours, just smaller, but with the same ugly spindle
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post