Time to finish my penny gazing bowling-ball.

03.14.16
I pick up pennies off the side walks so it doesn't cost me a penny...(hehehe).

I painted the bowling ball with copper paint first - then glue on the pennies with Goop glue. I leave the holes so people can see it is a bowling ball.

on This Post

• CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    Hi Deb,

I used spray paint from Home Depot and you don't have to paint it. I did so it would be copper colored in between the

• Juda Pannell
    juda Pannell Smithfield, VA
    I love this idea and I also love buttons and I have tons of buttons. I am going to make one with my buttons, my sisters will love it.
  • Donna Luther
    do you put a coating on the ball when done gluing?
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    I do not put a coating on the ball it would prevent the pennies from getting that green patina.
  • Diane Read
    Diane Read Merrimack, NH
    what a great idea! I have a bowling ball that was supposed to go to the dump last week but never made it......guess what I will be doing with it!?
  • Marcy, Professional Designer, Artist and Arts and Crafts Instructor
    Cute CeeJai
  • Shirley Kalinosky
    Shirley Kalinosky Philipsburg, PA
    Wanting to see everyone's gazing balls you made. You promised to post them.
  • Sean
    Sean Eaton Rapids, MI
    Cute idea!
  • M Scarponi
    M Scarponi Saint Petersburg, FL
    This is a great idea .. hope all the pennies ar face up so you will have LOTS & LOTS OF GOOD LUCK! (Old wive's tale, I think).
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    Hi M. yes the pennies are face up... I know the wives tale of which you speak LOL
  • Donnafreeman58
    What size ball does it take
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    donnafreeman58 I just bought bowling balls at the thrift store didn't think about size and just kept gluing until it was filled
  • Laura Dickin
    Laura Dickin Pensacola, FL
    Does it shine when the sunlight hits it, or not so much since the pennies are old? Thank you.
    • CeeJai
      CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
      Laura Dickin The pennies do change in color over time yes they shine in the sunshine when you first put the ball out but over time there is less shine.
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    It does not shine so much anymore...
  • Laura Dickin
    Laura Dickin Pensacola, FL
    Thank you for your response and honesty! Hope you have a great weekend!!
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    You're welcome. Enjoy your weekend too!
  • Carolyn jones
    Carolyn jones Winston Salem, NC
    You can use Texas Pete hot sauce on a cloth to shine these penny's. They will sparkle
    • CeeJai
      CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
      Carolyn jones Thanks, I use lemon juice and baking soda - Texas Pete would make me hungry for hot wings LOL
  • Mickey G. Smith
    Mickey G. Smith Harrison, OH
    Hot sauce is amazing! My son showed me at our favorite chili place. They really shine!!!
  • Dianne cuddington
    beautiful and brilliant idea
  • Connie marsh
    Connie marsh Midland, MI
    You can also purchase a cleaner for copper. Many used to clean and shine the bittoms of their cookware with this
CeeJai