Time to finish my penny gazing bowling-ball.

I pick up pennies off the side walks so it doesn't cost me a penny...(hehehe).

I painted the bowling ball with copper paint first - then glue on the pennies with Goop glue. I leave the holes so people can see it is a bowling ball.

• Donna Neizman
    Donna Neizman Pierpont, OH
    love it, Im going to try this one, also I always wanted to do a bathroom floor in pennies, when its time to replace my laminate, that's what I will do
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    Cpat that sounds like fun in the bathroom too... I pick pennies up off the street when I see them.
  • Donna L. Etchberger
    Donna L. Etchberger Shamokin, PA
    I have a bowling ball a friend gave me, and the pennies saved to do this @CeeJi. I saw your post on this about a year ago. Just need to find the time to get it done! I'm going to clean my pennies, and use the acrylic clear-coat on mine so it sparkles in
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    I use Goop and it last about 3 years here in GA's humidity and rain. But I've never tried adding a sealer - you might try that. I'd love to see a picture when you're finished.
  • Donna L. Etchberger
    Donna L. Etchberger Shamokin, PA
    Thanks CeeJai!
  • Deborah K
    Deborah K Warren, RI
    Wouldn't any type of ball be just as effective? Does it have to be a bowling ball?
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    Hi Deborah,

You could try any kind of ball that will hold items but I do know if you use balls with air they eventually deflate. Let me

• Theresa Stewart
    Theresa Stewart Homosassa, FL
    I have looked for round light globes for this type of project but decided on bowling balls #1 coz they're cheap & #2 they wont break under the weight of pennies nor if a limb or what ever should fall on it & ruin all my pretty work :-) Penny's Rock LoL.
  • Deb Abbie'sMom
    Deb Abbie'sMom Racine, WI
    what kind of paint did u paint your ball with and do u have to paint it?
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    Hi Deb,

I used spray paint from Home Depot and you don't have to paint it. I did so it would be copper colored in between the

• Juda Pannell
    juda Pannell Smithfield, VA
    I love this idea and I also love buttons and I have tons of buttons. I am going to make one with my buttons, my sisters will love it.
    • CeeJai
      CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
      Juda Pannell please post pictures - that sounds like a great idea. I have a friend who collects buttons. I'll show her yours when you post it.
    • CeeJai
      CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
      Juda Pannell please post your finished product...
  • Donna Luther
    do you put a coating on the ball when done gluing?
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    I do not put a coating on the ball it would prevent the pennies from getting that green patina.
  • Diane Read
    Diane Read Merrimack, NH
    what a great idea! I have a bowling ball that was supposed to go to the dump last week but never made it......guess what I will be doing with it!?
  • Marcy
    Marcy Rogers City, MI
    Cute CeeJai
CeeJai