POTTERY BARN INSPIRED MASON JAR CANDLES...Super easy and fun...and practically free!

mason jars 05.15.15
Hey...did you know that store-bought spaghetti sauce comes in Mason jars? Yep... add Dollar Tree votives, picture wire and acorns and you have super easy rustic fall candles! #FallPreview
Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $1.00 Difficulty: Easy
  • Pottery Barn Inspired Mason Jar Candles
No need to spend all that money on Pottery Barn's hanging Mason jars! It's easy to make your own!
  • Super easy to make!
And here’s all you do:
1. Twist a length of the picture wire around the mouth of the jar, making two loops at opposite sides and them twisting together at the back.
2.Using a second length, make two more loops by threading the wire through the previous loops and twisting. This is the handle
3. Slip the votive and candle inside. I found it easier (and less likely to break) to turn the jar sideways.
4.Add the acorns
  • Even more fun outdoors!
Hang outdoors for even more fall fun!

To see more: http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/2012/11/pottery-barn-inspired-mason-jar-candles.html

• Gabriel D
    Gabriel D Canada
    My pleasure,
  • Gwyn
    Gwyn Spring Hill, FL
    Supernewf! In the same exact section where you buy mason jars in the store is a box of lids and a box of screw tops. The lids are made in two pieces with flat metal lid with rubber around the edges for sealing when canning and the screw ring goes on the
  • Debbie @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
    lol I am with Supernewf...canning is not my thing, although I have tried it. Thanks for the info on locating the lids, Gwyn.
  • Melissa B
    Melissa B Forney, TX
    Hey.... this is wonderful! AND.. .WalMart has white plastic lids to fit canning jars! Both wide mouth and regular mouth, you can also order them through Amazon.
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Where can one find fake acorns? I live in the Pacific Northwest where pine cones are everywhere but no acorns to be found anywhere.
Debbie @ Confessions of a Plate Addict