Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Around the House 10.14.14

POTTERY BARN INSPIRED MASON JAR CANDLES...Super easy and fun...and practically free!

Hey...did you know that store-bought spaghetti sauce comes in Mason jars? Yep... add Dollar Tree votives, picture wire and acorns and you have super easy rustic fall candles! #FallPreview
Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $1.00 Difficulty: Easy
No need to spend all that money on Pottery Barn's hanging Mason jars! It's easy to make your own!
And here’s all you do:
1. Twist a length of the picture wire around the mouth of the jar, making two loops at opposite sides and them twisting together at the back.
2.Using a second length, make two more loops by threading the wire through the previous loops and twisting. This is the handle
3. Slip the votive and candle inside. I found it easier (and less likely to break) to turn the jar sideways.
4.Add the acorns
Hang outdoors for even more fall fun!

To see more: http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/2012/11/pottery-barn-inspired-mason-jar-candles.html

38 Comments Displaying 15 of 38 comments | See Previous
  • Homeroad
    Homeroad Greenlawn, NY
    Love these! I always save my pasta jars... and I choose the pasta according to the jar!
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Kathleen Robinson
    I use them to keep dried beans, peas, choc chips, nuts, brown sugar, anything that needs clean, dry storage to stay fresh in my cupboard. And I have found canning jar lids that fit, to send easy to reheat meals with my college girl!
  • Karen Christopherson
    I store my dry beans in them in the kitchen and shabby chic others up to store my ribbons and other pretty embellishments for crafting.
  • Debbie @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
    Homeroad, Kathleen and Karen...more great ideas! I am getting inspired!
  • Supernewf
    Supernewf Canada
    I use them to store spices, baking powder, etc. But I haven't been able to find Mason Jar lids to fit them. I just use the lids that come with the jar of spaghetti sauce.
  • Gabriel D
    Gabriel D Canada
    Such a great Idea. One could also do shells and beach finds. Thank you for the post.
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Gabriel D, what a great idea. One could make little scenes in the jars with bits and pieces of found items and a picture for vacations and holiday trips. I have some of mine just in ziplock
    Love your idea, Gabriel D! Yours, too, Kelly S!
  • Gabriel D
    Gabriel D Canada
    My pleasure,
  • Gwyn
    Gwyn Spring Hill, FL
    Supernewf! In the same exact section where you buy mason jars in the store is a box of lids and a box of screw tops. The lids are made in two pieces with flat metal lid with rubber around the edges for sealing when canning and the screw ring goes on the
    lol I am with Supernewf...canning is not my thing, although I have tried it. Thanks for the info on locating the lids, Gwyn.
  • Melissa B
    Melissa B Forney, TX
    Hey.... this is wonderful! AND.. .WalMart has white plastic lids to fit canning jars! Both wide mouth and regular mouth, you can also order them through Amazon.
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Where can one find fake acorns? I live in the Pacific Northwest where pine cones are everywhere but no acorns to be found anywhere.
Debbie @ Confessions of a Plate Addict