Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 04.08.14

POTTERY BARN INSPIRED MASON JAR CANDLES...Super easy and fun...and practically free!

#Recycle #Bestof2012 Hey...did you know that store-bought spaghetti sauce comes in Mason jars? Yep... add Dollar Tree votives, picture wire and acorns and you have super easy rustic fall candles! Complete tutorial on my blog. #falldecor
Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $1.00 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/2012/11/pottery-barn-inspired-mason-jar-candles.html

36 Comments Displaying 15 of 36 comments | See Previous
  • D P Grand Rapids, MI
    I have been using spaghetti jars for keeping pasta in for several years, also y Gevalia coffee after it arrives. Keeps the pantry moths out of any food you want safe!
  • Great ideas, ladies! I just need to eat more pasta sauce now! lol
  • Homeroad Greenlawn, NY
    Love these! I always save my pasta jars... and I choose the pasta according to the jar!
  • I use them to keep dried beans, peas, choc chips, nuts, brown sugar, anything that needs clean, dry storage to stay fresh in my cupboard. And I have found canning jar lids that fit, to send easy to reheat meals with my college girl!
  • I store my dry beans in them in the kitchen and shabby chic others up to store my ribbons and other pretty embellishments for crafting.
  • Homeroad, Kathleen and Karen...more great ideas! I am getting inspired!
  • Supernewf Canada
    I use them to store spices, baking powder, etc. But I haven't been able to find Mason Jar lids to fit them. I just use the lids that come with the jar of spaghetti sauce.
  • Gabriel D Canada
    Such a great Idea. One could also do shells and beach finds. Thank you for the post.
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Gabriel D, what a great idea. One could make little scenes in the jars with bits and pieces of found items and a picture for vacations and holiday trips. I have some of mine just in ziplock
  • Love your idea, Gabriel D! Yours, too, Kelly S!
  • Gabriel D Canada
    My pleasure,
  • Gwyn Spring Hill, FL
    Supernewf! In the same exact section where you buy mason jars in the store is a box of lids and a box of screw tops. The lids are made in two pieces with flat metal lid with rubber around the edges for sealing when canning and the screw ring goes on the
  • lol I am with Supernewf...canning is not my thing, although I have tried it. Thanks for the info on locating the lids, Gwyn.
  • Melissa B Forney, TX
    Hey.... this is wonderful! AND.. .WalMart has white plastic lids to fit canning jars! Both wide mouth and regular mouth, you can also order them through Amazon.