Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

How to create a Mason Jar Patio Chandelier

Decor Ideas 4 days ago
I always lusted after the hanging ladders in Pottery Barn displays. Since I don't like to spend Pottery Barn prices on things I can make myself, I decided to wait it out and find a ladder that I could work with for my patio. When I found an old ladder at an antiques vendor booth, I knew it had to be mine. I brought it home finagled my husband into hanging it for me using lengths of chain and "C" clamps attached to our patio roof. Then I used simple hooks screwed into the wood of the ladder to hang the mason jars. I added some sand and tealights, and a Moravian star as a centerpiece.

Altogether between the ladder, the mason jars and the star lantern I think I might have formed a trifecta of perfection. :)

When I'm not entertaining I take the mason jars down from the ladder and sit them on the table in case a strong wind blows through. Don't want glass on my patio!

The ladder "chandelier" is one of my most favorite projects ever, especially since it is what drew me into the Hometalk community over a year ago. I happened upon a post here while randomly searching the internet. I shared my idea with you guys in someone else's thread and

To see more: http://unskinnyboppy.com/2011/04/pottery-barn-inspired-ladder-lantern/

84 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 1 of 84 comments | See All Comments
  • Kristin
    Kristin San Marcos, CA
    I am going to have to try the tin can hair rollers, thanks for the idea Maggie ;)
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
Beth at Unskinny Boppy

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing