How to create a Mason Jar Patio Chandelier

Crafts 15 hours ago
I always lusted after the hanging ladders in Pottery Barn displays. Since I don't like to spend Pottery Barn prices on things I can make myself, I decided to wait it out and find a ladder that I could work with for my patio. When I found an old ladder at an antiques vendor booth, I knew it had to be mine. I brought it home finagled my husband into hanging it for me using lengths of chain and "C" clamps attached to our patio roof. Then I used simple hooks screwed into the wood of the ladder to hang the mason jars. I added some sand and tealights, and a Moravian star as a centerpiece.

Altogether between the ladder, the mason jars and the star lantern I think I might have formed a trifecta of perfection. :)

When I'm not entertaining I take the mason jars down from the ladder and sit them on the table in case a strong wind blows through. Don't want glass on my patio!

The ladder "chandelier" is one of my most favorite projects ever, especially since it is what drew me into the Hometalk community over a year ago. I happened upon a post here while randomly searching the internet. I shared my idea with you guys in someone else's thread and

To see more: http://unskinnyboppy.com/2011/04/pottery-barn-inspired-ladder-lantern/

on This Post

• Billielatham
    billielatham Colfax, LA
    I love love this idea. It's beautiful
  • OhSally
    OhSally Lacey, WA
    Very nice. I got a giggle over your using C-clamps to hang it...interesting idea! I have the ladder from a cedar playhouse my grandchildren have outgrown. I'm going to have to see if it would be right for a project like this. Thanks for the clever idea!
  • Anita
    Anita Sandy, UT
    This is an amazing idea. Love it!
  • Sasha's Bnb
    Sasha's Bnb Hollywood, FL
    wow wow wow!!!
  • Jules Pinkele
    Jules Pinkele Eagle Grove, IA
    that is awsome
Beth at Unskinny Boppy