Cleaning Shower Tile & Grout:What Works and What Doesn't

Cleaning 4 days ago
How on earth do you get your shower grout and ceramic tile looking new again?

Last weekend I compared three different products: OxiClean, Eco Orange Cleaner, and Chlorox. OxiClean is oxygenated bleach and is a great alternative to chlorinated bleach because it doesn't give off odors and discolor clothing or carpets. Eco Orange is expensive ($80 per gallon), and it would help to know if it works on tough tile & grout stains before you purchase it. Chlorox is highly recommended for cleaning showers but does it always work?

OxiClean is found in most grocery stores in the laundry detergent aisle. The directions are somewhat vague for tile cleaning. This is why I decided to use different amounts and tinkered around with how much to add to one gallon of water. You can view the blog post I put together at http://www.homerepairtutor.com/clean-ceramic-....

Overall I thought OxiClean did a fantastic job removing dirt & grime from the tiles and some of the grout. I tried both Eco Orange and

Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.homerepairtutor.com/clean-ceramic-tile-and-grout

• Marcy
    Marcy Rogers City, MI
    Sherrie, good question, being that I was just cleaning, I think it is white.
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Then it's probably chalking. If it's just a little mold you can try bleach unless your grout is colored. If it is colored this will bleach your grout out. One blogger uses peroxide and soaks cotton and lays it on the mold. I get several rentals a day
  • Steph
    Steph Pleasant Lake, IN
    @30 results are available, use up and down arrow keys to navigate.SherrieCaulk, caulk, caulk!! Not chalk!
  • Mary Ann Davey Harby
    Mary Ann Davey Harby Imperial, PA
    zep tile cleaner sold at home depot is the very best cleaner for tile and grout cleaning. I thought we were going to have to replace ours until we found this product. awsome
  • Lagree Wyndham
    Lagree Wyndham Bonneau, SC
    I just beached my grout last night on bathroom floor. Part of tile had been under vanity that was removed...grout was like new, the exposed grout was dark an and dirty compared, especially in front of sink areas, I used 1 part bleach to 3 parts water.
Home Repair Tutor