Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Power Up In Style: Hide the Cords and Keep Your Counters Clutter-Free

Electronics 09.12.14
Maybe you've started your own business, or the company you work for lets you work from home a few days a week. Maybe, like the rest of us, you have TOO many hand held devices and charging time becomes a race for the next available outlet. If this sounds like you, you'll be excited to learn about these hot new products. Scroll through these pictures to find out about the latest and greatest ways to hide your power cords & even the power sources themselves!

I just added the Evoline USA product to my own new kitchen. Find out more about this and the other products here: http://www.randidestefano.com/power-up-in-st...

14 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 14 of 14 comments
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    I think the pop up would be great on a desk, but I wouldn't want it on a kitchen counter. As neat as it is, it still seems as though it would be a place to catch grease and other fluids one finds in a kitchen.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • True Identity Concepts
    True Identity Concepts White Plains, NY
    As a fellow designer, I must say that those cords are unsightly. Using the pop-up Evoline keeps the view of the backsplash nice and clean and adds an extra source of power (3 vs. 2) for when the kitchen is buzzing with activity. Thanks for sharing!
  • Brian Campbell, Basswood Artisan Carpentry
    This is a great way to get power, especially for islands. I don't see how it helps with hiding cords, except that it makes you unplug the appliance and put it away so you can allow the outlet to descend back into the counter.
  • Authentic Living Interiors
    The main reason for installing it on an island is to avoid cutting into a decorative cabinet door on the ends of the island for code required outlets. We've installed one in our new home (moving in soon). I'll report back with updates once I get to
  • LandlightS
    LandlightS Roswell, GA
    I think they are great, and I agree about the elimination of cutting into the side of the quality cabinets. I was introduced to these pop up outlets about a year ago on Hometalk. I know that you must be using the air gap counter top button control for
  • Anna R
    Anna R Asheville, NC
    can you use them in Bathrooms???
  • Golden Interiors
    Golden Interiors Fairfax, VA
    Love this product but I am still skeptical about using it anywhere near a sink
  • LandlightS
    LandlightS Roswell, GA
    The unit must be Ground Fault Protected when used in the kitchen, so if it is used near a sink, it is OK per code. The few times I have installed this unit, it was served by a dedicate 20AMP GFCI breaker.
  • Authentic Living Interiors
    Thanks for answering that question, Gary. Anna, no matter where you install it, you need to be mindful of the type of cabinet. Mine was installed in a "dead space" between the cabinet and a panel. So there is plenty of room for the device to go up and down.
  • Anna R
    Anna R Asheville, NC
    thanks they are a great idea
  • Clay B
    Clay B Chesapeake, VA
    I found these for $150, also has USB ports as well. I agree, I would use on desk, not in kitchen on counter anyway. This company has them on closeout; website says normally they sell only to business clients, but these are available to anyone. http://www.usfutaba.com/Product-Range/CLOSEO...
  • LandlightS
    LandlightS Roswell, GA
    Clay...what you found is a commercial unit...... not only has outlets and a USB port, but it also has a Telephone, LAN and VGA (a 15 pin audio/video outlet) connections, a self contained circuit breaker (not GFCI protected) and a speaker and a
  • Clay B
    Clay B Chesapeake, VA
    Yes, you would need a GFCI type for a kitchen, but the others would be fine in an office I think. The VGA outlet is quickly becoming outdated.
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    I'm loving this for my craft room as well.
Authentic Living Interiors

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing