How to get sticky grease off of glass?

Any tips on how to get greasy residue off of glass? I just bought some delicate glass "shades" for some wall sconces I have. They are covered in something really tough to get off. I tried Windex and it got a little off. Then just soap and water and that got some more, but I could be here a long time trying different things unless someone has something a little more powerful. Thanks for the help! (can't use anything abrasive, it might hurt the finish so nothing baking soda)
  • Tomesha Kennedy
    Tomesha Kennedy Decatur, GA
    why suggestions of others are CRAZY??? thxs all for ur suggestions... they all were helpful!!!
  • Tomesha Kennedy
    Tomesha Kennedy Decatur, GA
    I just tried baking soda and that did the trick!!!! Thxs Melanie :-)
    • Bella
      Bella Plano, TX
      Brilliant! You and Melanie are brilliant! Just tried this and it was so easy! Thank you!
  • Ahtram Tocss
    Ahtram Tocss Norfolk, VA
    Dawn and hot water works for me!
  • Cindy
    Cindy Brighton, MI
    Washing them is the easy part. BUT what makes a hazy greasy-like film appear AFTER washing and drying the glasses, after a few months. It isn't dust, we do not smoke and I hate cooking with grease. It is such a mystery to me.
  • ADifferentDirec
    ADifferentDirec Belle Plaine, KS
    Stanley degreaser works wonders. Very concentrated so a bottle will make several bottles which you can vary the strength.
Jeanine Wester
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback