Hometalk.com

35 Comments Displaying 15 of 35 comments | See Previous
  • Shari K Colorado Springs, CO
    Question: What is the purpose of the 3 essential oils? Can they be left out? I only use 100% pure oils and they are quite costly! (Unlike most wanna be oils that are NOT as pure as they say. Most contain chemicals.)
  • Shari, the essential oils can definitely be left out, but I've added them for their disinfecting properties, as well as the nice scent they leave behind.
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Shari K if you know what kind of tile you have it depends on how it is cleaned. That is why it's confusing. But if it is ceramic tile it should have a neutral PH. Neither acidic nor alkaline. A Ph Balance of 7 is neutral, a PH of less than 7 is acidic, a
  • Jamie Eckert Galt, MO
    Sherrie, I have wood floors that are sealed with polyurethane, what is the best way to clean/shine them. They are the original wood. have cracks in them and aren't the tightest together. been using pledge for wood and swiffer for wood
  • Robyn Farwell West Lebanon, NH
    Is it possible to seal laminate flooring with polyurethane?
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Jamie Eckert here is one of the simplest ways. Buy a micro fiber mop. I have found cheap ones at Walmart. I use a spray bottle of water and spray the micro fiber pad. Less water is better. And mop. I also dry it with another micro fiber mop pad. If it is
  • Robyn Farwell West Lebanon, NH
    Sherrie - You would think that I had posted much of what you posted. First of all, I NEVER spray any of my cleaners directly on the floors, (especially being laminate, water is the worst thing for them). I as well, spray the floor cleaner on a
  • LandlightS Roswell, GA
    Robyn.....polyurethane will not bond to the aluminum oxide finish that is applied to laminate floors. Laminate Flooring is made to be easy to clean and generally nothing more than a damp mop is needed.....never use a harsh chemical or any hard surface
  • Robyn Farwell West Lebanon, NH
    Thank you LandlightS! U have thoroughly answered my question. Thanks a bunch!
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Robyn Farwell is your flooring Manufactured Hard Wood?

You might have a cleaner build up if all the floor has lost it's shine. And you never use any soap on this flooring. I am

• I have the same exact laminate floor as you do. I have been using this solution since last fall. I do not use the essential oils nor, do I add any cleaning agent such as dish soap. We have a dog that is a slobber monster and this works wonders at getting
  • Joanne Larock Poughkeepsie, NY
    I tried this today for the first time and.love it..the floors dried fast and looked shiney..will deff use this again..
  • Cheryl Moody Coatesville, PA
    What's the best cleaner for Brazilian Cherry hardwood flooring. It never really had a shine to it, but it's really dull looking after 12 years. I'd like to give it some brightness again !
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Cheryl how have you been cleaning it?

And what brand is it?

• I have 100 year old hardwood floors..this cleaner is nothing new. I've been using the concoction since my Mom told me about it back in the 70's! Just don;t wet the wood flooring too much..damp clean it.I never use Murphy's oil soap. a bit of dawn is