• Shari K
    Shari K Colorado Springs, CO
    @Sherrie, that is true about the manufactureres voiding the warranty! I have been looking at carpet for my home and found out that certain manufactures "REQUIRE" professional cleaning before honoring thier warranty! Public BEWARE of your warranties when
  • Vicki Binger-Gowen
    Vicki Binger-Gowen Belleville, IL
    Good heavens! This is exactly the same recipe that my great grandmother used to wash her windows, mirrors, stove.... any shiny surface in her house plus anything she needed to see out of or see a reflection of things in! When they bought their first car,
  • Nature's Nurture
    Winnie, sorry for the confusion. I meant that it leaves a "streak-free" type of shine, in that it doesn't leave any annoying watermarks or streaks. I added in the caption a little later because people were assuming that it actually adds a shiny coat,
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    PS going directly to your wood flooring manufacture put in cleaning guidelines and see what they suggest. Also check your warranty some cleaners will void it.
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Aha I am not a chemical engineer but I work with flooring manufactors.

Polyerthene finish is the most common finish. It changes color as it ages.

• Winnie
    Winnie Columbus, NC
    I'm confused. You mention several times that the cleaner left your floors shiny, but then the caption under the photos says the cleaner will NOT leave a shine. Which is it ?
  • Robyn Farwell
    Robyn Farwell West Lebanon, NH
    I bought the Bona for our laminate flooring and it makes it very sticky. I use a laminate floor cleaner (I cannot recall the name) from Home Depot that cleans and shines incredibly well.
  • Nature's Nurture
    Hey Sherrie, thanks so much for all the expert advice! We're renting the house we are in now, and the owners mentioned that the floors were laminate, so that's what I went by. I'll check again and see if they can give me some more info.
  • Ahna @ Easier Than I Thought
    After reading the posts about vinegar harming wood, I asked my husband (a chemical engineer) about the acidity of vinegar. After checking the content of the store bought vinegar and looking up some other info, he concluded that vinegar isn't going to eat
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    500K pins - I'll be using this for sure!
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    PS I love Bona.
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    To clean wood you have to know what it is sealed with. The recipe above is absolutely perfect for Pergo Flooring. Bona can only be used in polyurethane or natural floors. ( floors that haven't been sealed.). All wood floors are not created equal. You
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Use sand screen to take off the finish and then refinish them. This way it will leave the original stain on them,
  • Karen
    Karen Cedar Rapids, IA
    I am looking for the best way to clean OLD OLD floors. Im remodeling an old house and we got the floors down to the original 1925 wood floors. They have two different color stains on them cause they did them in a kinda herringbone pattern. light on
  • Goose Grove
    Goose Grove Belleville, IL
    I have the same floors! Everyone thinks they are wood- but they're NOT! I'm with you on hating carpet. I ripped all of mine out the first year we built the house (the sales lady picked my wall color & flooring with my husband backing HER- but I got my
Nature's Nurture